Saturday, March 2, 2013

Going To the Firing Range

Good evening everyone! How are you this blessed evening? I am well. I am pretty wiped out though!

Nathan and I got up early today and went into Albuquerque. We grabbed breakfast at McDonald's (yes, that's the only meal of the day we will touch there)! We drove out to the Albuquerque Shooting Range. Nathan and I are training to become certified in a concealed carry weapon class. We did our classroom time last Saturday and today was the actual certification on the gun range. Nathan and I both tested on a .45 semi-auto pistol and a .45 revolver so that I can actually conceal carry pretty much any weapon I choose. We had to shoot 25 rounds of ammo at a target 7 yards away. We had to have a certain percentage of shots that hit the target to pass. I got two perfect scores...100% on BOTH guns!!! Nathan just calls me his little Annie Oakley! He has been teasing me all day since he said I shot even better than he did!

It's been ages since I shot a hand gun. I forgot how much fun it was! I like the smell of gun smoke...yes, I know I'm weird! Nathan and I were one of the first six people to test and we got our certificates and left. We went to the Expo NM to attend a gun show that was in town today. Nathan surprised me and bought me my conceal carry gun...a Ruger LCP .380 semi-automatic pistol! I went home and shot one clip worth of ammo through it and I absolutely LOVE it!!! Thanks honey!

Then, as if it wasn't exciting enough, we came home and butchered our steer, Sir Loin. He's now hanging to age for a week before we process all his meat. Thanks to Chad, Nathan, Aaron, Jordan, Haven, Avery, and Nathan James for skinning and butchering him today. Tonya and I did some wrapping of the liver, heart and briskets. Savanah was a great helper too! She ran back and forth carrying things for Tonya and myself. She was also my tape handler. She would hand me tape as I wrapped the meat in freezer paper.

After we got cleaned up, Tonya was gracious and invited us for dinner tonight. She made some pinto beans and cornbread! Yummy, yummy! Anita, Mom and Dad, are you sitting down? Ready...I ate TWO whole bowls of beans!!!! For those of you who haven't known me very long, I used to absolutely HATE beans. When I was a child growing up, my dad would make a wonderful pot of chili and I would spend a good solid 30 minutes and pick out each and every single bean out of my chili before I would eat it! I did not like them at all...I think it had a lot to do with texture. I've been gradually learning how to eat a few beans over the last 1 1/2 years, but never TWO bowls! Tonya did such a great job seasoning the Schwebach beans.

Well, that pretty much sums up our day today! I am getting itchy again tonight. I went o my primary care physician yesterday and he has referred me to an allergist. Not sure when that appointment will be. Thanks for your prayers.

God bless you as you sleep tonight. I look forward to blogging tomorrow! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.