Good evening everyone. How are you tonight? I am winding down for the evening!
We slept in this morning! Yippee!!! I got up, made a wonderful pot of coffee and share a cup with Nathan. I made fried eggs and fruity baked oatmeal for breakfast.
We got up from the table and promptly started on chores. I started trying to make a dent in my kitchen! I still had dishes piled up! Bless Aaron's heart...he did a bunch of dishes right before I got home. I started dishes yesterday, but didn't seem to scratch the surface! Nathan butchered three of our male ducks and dressed them for the freezer. Aaron and Jordan set up a pen for the baby goat kids and our orphan lamb in the three sided shelter. They got them all moved over, then Aaron and I moved about 35 of his chickens into the former goat pen. Aaron has been trying to sell his Americanas. He's listed them on Craigslist. He had two people come and they bought a total of 47 chickens!
I had to run some errands, so Aaron drove me. He is still logging in his driving hours to go towards his driver's ed class. We tried to stop by two different feed stores to pick up some chicken feed. Both of them were already closed for the day. We ended up going to Walmart. We did our shopping and went home.
While we were gone, Nathan took Jordan and picked up another load of flagstone. It took them quite a bit longer than they expected, but they made it home with no mishaps!
I was expecting Nathan's cousin, Darin, and his son, Dakota so I was cleaning house all afternoon. I started making a special dinner. Aaron made a special request for spaghetti. I made it with our hamburger, onions, garlic, chopped carrots, chopped mushrooms, bell pepper, poblano pepper, jalapeƱo pepper, salt, pepper, and Prego spaghetti sauce. It was so wonderful. I thought it was probably the best sauce I ever made. Nathan fixed our French bread tonight. He sliced it in half horizontally, spread one side with butter, sprinkled it with my French bread seasoning, and put cheese on the other side, closed it up and I baked it until the cheese melted. It was also very yummy! While I was busy making supper, Nathan just informed me that Darin wasn't coming after all! Oh well...
We enjoyed a nice dinner together. We are all pretty tired. We did get a lot accomplished today though. Nathan is really suffering with his allergies tonight. There was something where they went to get flagstone that just made him feel miserable...poor guy! :(
Well, I am glad to be home. Thank you all for your prayers. They are much appreciated. I will pray for a good night's sleep for you all. God bless. Until tomorrow...
So glad to find out you have a blog! Can get to know you and your family a bit better! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat! I welcome any questions or comments! Thanks again for reading my blog!
ReplyDelete