Monday, March 4, 2013

Busy, But Fun Day

Good evening everyone! How are you tonight? I am doing very well, thank you.

I got up early this morning and made Nathan his vegetable/fruit protein smoothie and packed his lunch. I had a little bit of a hard time waking up. I stayed up late last night. I had a blast cooking with my oldest son, Aaron. He couldn't sleep, so he came out and helped me prepare a meal for a family we know. Please pray for the Raymond family. Mr. Raymond had heart surgery today and it appears to have gone very well, but has a long road of recovery ahead of him. I used to teach his girls piano when they were younger. Very sweet family.

While I am at it, I do have another big prayer request. Please pray for Aaron. He said his eye was bothering him yesterday. He said it felt like he had something in it. He had Nathan check it. Nathan didn't see anything yesterday morning and his eye felt better after Nathan had a look. By the afternoon, his eye was pretty red. By the evening, Nathan noticed a white spot over part of his iris. He's been wearing his glasses. Poor thing, he looked like he felt miserable! He started having a headache this evening and that eye was particularly sensitive to the bright sunlight (as the sun was going down after his guitar lessons were over). I hope whatever it is goes away with no complications and little discomfort. So prayers on his behalf would be greatly appreciated.

So, I did my morning chores, then I hopped in my car (45 minutes later than I had hoped) and drove to Albuquerque. I stopped by my bank and took care of making deposits and a withdrawal. Then I went by Office Smart and got 150 copies made of our fund raising flyer. Then I met up with my karate Sensei. I've been struggling with chronic back pain for quite some time. He showed me some of his anatomy and physiology books and gave me some strength training exercises to do. I am very excited about doing these so that I can keep as active as I want to be.

Afterwards, I met up with Sensei's wife, Aysha, and had lunch with her and we went shopping at Goodwill! Had a good time. After we finished up there, I had made arrangements to drop off the meal for the Raymonds in Albuquerque. Unfortunately, there was an accident on I-40 and I was stuck in stand-still traffic for 45 minutes! I-40 was shut down to one lane.

I was going to stop by and turn in my official application for my conceal carry, but I couldn't find the stinking building! I had the address, but I couldn't find it! I guess that's another reason I should get an I-phone! I googled it tonight and I don't know how I could've missed it, but I did! I finally gave up and drove home. I didn't even stop the engine or even get out of the vehicle. I just waited for Aaron to come out and hop in. I had to rush him back to Tijeras just in time to catch his guitar lesson. Whew! What a day!

I rushed home and cooked spaghetti for dinner. I haven't made that in forever! Oh, btw, my sweet brother-in-law, Gabe, flew in today. We are so excited that he'll be staying with us till Friday. Unfortunately, he is sick. He started not feeling well today and he thinks he may have a slight touch of the flu. I feel for the guy! I guess we should also pray for him as well!

So, that was my day in a nutshell. Kind of busy, crazy, huh? Well, I'm also trying to get things ready for me to leave by Wednesdy night. I am scheduled to fly out to Indiana on Thursday to go visit my dear Grandma for a week. I'll be curious to see if my allergic reaction clears up while I'm gone. If so, that'll mean that I must be allergic to something here at the house. I can't wait to see my Grandma. I know she is very excited to see me. Oh well, sleep well out there! Much love to all! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.