Sunday, March 31, 2013

Smoked Duck

Hello to everyone tonight! How are you? I am well thank you.

Today was a wonderful Lord's Day! Happy Easter to all my friends out there who celebrate Easter!

We got up this morning and my sister-in-law, Tonya, invited everyone over to her house for breakfast this morning. She had an egg casserole with vegetables, baked oatmeal, strawberry cheesecake muffins, hash browns, zucchini bread and sliced fresh fruit salad! What a feast!

We went to church assembly and heard a wonderful message. We came home right after church. My little niece, Aleah (10 months old) needed to come home for her nap. Nathan and I were in charge of smoking a duck today. I made a brine with apple cider, bay leaves, salt and pepper. I brined the duck for 24 hours. So as soon as we got home this afternoon, we stuck the duck in the smoker. I made a plum glaze to smear all over it when it was almost done. We stuck the duck in the oven to crisp the skin at the end. It was really good! I sautéed some asparagus with coconut oil, soy sauce and pepper. We also had salad and some of Anita's yummy bread. We served a sour cream pound cake with sliced strawberries and whipped cream for dessert with a pot of fresh hot coffee! What a way to end a beautiful day.

Thank you Lord for sending your son to die for us and to open a way for us to be with you some day in heaven. You made the ultimate sacrifice by giving your son as an atonement for our sins. Thank you Jesus for loving me so, even when I don't deserve it. You are a wonderful, merciful savior.

Well, everyone...seems like I'm always the LAST one to turn in for the night. I need to sleep tonight. Rest well and may you be blessed tomorrow. God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it all sounds absolutely delicious! And of course, the best part being who and why the celebration! Awesome day!
    Blessings to you,
    Lydia Hoppman

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.