Thursday, March 21, 2013

Joe's Here!

Good evening to everyone out there! How are this evening? I am doing fine!

Nathan has a wonderful friend, Joe Casey, who has been one of his best friends since sixth grade! They have kept in touch over the years. Joe is married and they have two beautiful kids. I knew Joe and his wife Laura before they even got married. They live in Arizona with both Nathan's and my parents.

Joe surprised us yesterday and asked if he could stay with us for a day or two, so guess what? He drove in safely this evening. He had a most interesting story of some of his recent life events that totally shocked us. About six weeks ago, Joe was cleaning his hand gun while he was watching tv. He was a little distracted and didn't realize that he had put a fully loaded magazine clip into his gun. He went to take it apart and it went off and he ended up shooting himself in the leg! It went clean through. It missed his femoral artery by 1 mm and completely missed his bone, praise The Lord! He was in the hospital for a while, but has recovered well with a whopper of a story to boot! I am so grateful that it appeared that God had his guardian angels working overtime with Joe!

Anyways, the boys and I had karate tonight. We got home and Joe showed up shortly after we arrived home. I made tacos for dinner. We sat around in the living room and shared some crazy stories of our shared past and some new ones too! We were laughing pretty hard and having a great time. Boy, it sure is good to see Joe again. I wished Laura and the kids could've come. Well, there's always next time...

Everyone was completely exhausted and wouldn't you guess...guess who can't go to sleep??? I am so tired it's not even funny, but my mind just won't quit!

Well, God bless you all. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.