Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sad Goodbyes

Good evening everyone. How are you this evening. I am just plain tired and worn out. I am good though...thank The Lord.

We ended up staying in grandma's apartment last night instead of the hotel. Uncle Lowell was up all night with his cough due to having pneumonia. He woke everyone up. I was up at 11:45, 2:10, and then pretty much up since 3 am. We tried everything to get him to stop coughing. I tried rubbing the bottoms of his feet with Vicks and putting his socks on. He had already had his dose of cough syrup. I made a concoction of honey with a little bit of lemon juice mixed in and fed that to him by spoonfuls. He was sucking down cough drops like they were going out of style. I got up and made him a hot toddy (without the alcohol of course, however, I would've put that in to help knock him out if that would've helped)! I got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep.

We all got up. Dad started packing his suitcase. I had all my stuff packed already and loaded in the car. When dad finished packing, I took his suitcase down to the car and loaded it up. We all met up for breakfast. They had a brand new chef cooking for the first time this morning. Poor thing! We had omelets, burnt toast and something that was supposed to be coffee cake. Is it me, or would you think it a little strange to be so cold I wondered if it was partially frozen? What even bothered me more was that it really had the texture of jello. It was really strange!

After breakfast, we started to say our goodbyes. It was a sad, but sweet parting. It always breaks my heart to say goodbye to my grandma. I never know if she will be around until next year when I go again. We all started shedding tears. It was hard since most of the residents were all there gawking at us while I was blubbering like a little baby. Even the staff started crying with us. I think my grandma had a feeling this was going to be our last visit with her. She had some sweet words she whispered to me in my ear before I left...parting words of wisdom. Last year, I thought she wouldn't be around this year, but she sure surprised us all. This year her parting words were purposeful and well thought out. That's what made it seem harder for me this time. I sure will miss seeing grandma and all her lady friends. They are all surely going to miss me (at least that's what they all said)! The director of the facility offered me a job to play music for the residents! I sure enjoyed playing music for them and encouraging them even if it was only for a couple of days.

I drove us to the airport and I was excited to be coming home to my adorably sweet and caring husband and children. Nathan surprised me by meeting me at the gate! What a surprise!

I am home now and got to see Nathan bucket train our four kid goats and baby lamb. My baby lamb and my baby goat girl were the first one to learn! They will totally drink from the bucket without any assistance. All the other kids will only drink from the bucket if you use a nipple as a straw and gradually pull it out of their mouth so that they eventually start sucking the milk out of the bucket. Hope they all remember tomorrow morning!

Well, I am having to readjust my time again. Sleep well and may God bless you tonight. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.