Good evening! How are you? I am great. I am exhausted, but then again, aren't all good farm wives exhausted every night before they go to bed???
Well, we had a new little addition to our Cogburn Rancho Loco. I got an email from someone we know and she was needing someone to take in her poor little lamb. This adorable baby girl was born three days ago. She had inverted eyelids which caused her not to see very well. The mama knew something was wrong with her baby and instinct told her to ignore her baby (I suppose survival of the fittest)? The lady has been milking the mama and bottle feeding the baby. I believe this lady lives alone and works at the zoo. She can't take care of her during the day while she's at work, so she contacted me to see if we'd take her in. She is the lady we got Solomon from last year. Solomon was an orphaned lamb and we bottle raised him and gave him back to her. We got to see him today! Any ways, we don't have a name for her yet, but will post it as soon as I decide on one.
I am busy getting ready to leave tomorrow to fly to Indiana for a week to visit my Grandma. She just turned 92 about 3 weeks ago. I am excited to see her, but sad to have to leave my family behind. I hope my boys behave themselves and try and make things run smoothly around here for Nathan.
I'm not sure what my status will be with Internet connection, but I hope to keep posting blogs about my trip. Enjoy pics of my new "baby"! Sleep well and God bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.