Sunday, March 10, 2013

Praise The Lord For Jam Sessions!

Good evening to all! How are you? I am doing pretty well tonight.

I struggled this morning to wake up with the time change...but then again, I always struggle getting up early! I am not much of a morning person. I usually growl at anyone who wakes me up before 7 a.m. I just feel sorry for the person who tries to wake me before 6!!! Lol!

Anyways, I managed to get up at 6:20 this morning with the time change (btw, 6:20 here in Indiana is 4:20 am in New Mexico)! We had breakfast over at Grandma's place.

Grandma has asked me to make a couple of scarves for her since her eyes are bothering her too much for her to see the thread clearly. So I started on that first thing this morning and I ended up finishing it tonight before we left to come back to the hotel.

We had lunch down at the dining room. When things started clearing out, I went and started playing the piano. I started playing some old church hymns. Then I started singing. Then I invited any one that wanted to to come join me in singing. They kept me pretty busy! I sang and played for almost two hours straight. I almost didn't have any voice left! I sure enjoyed singing with all those old women and boy did they enjoy themselves!! They all said they didn't remember the last time they had so much fun and felt like they were "home" again! It really brought tears to my eyes. I had fond memories of my mom and I going to sing at the nursing homes when I was younger. Thanks mom for teaching me how to share God's love with everyone.

We didn't go down to the dining room this evening. We stayed up in grandma's apartment and watched Indiana University basketball team play again Michigan State basketball team and IU won! No one thought that was going to be possible, but they pulled it off in the last 27 seconds. It was a definite nail-biter!

I guess the highlight of my day was singing old gospel hymns with those ladies! They made me promise to play some more with them. May God be praised!

Well, I am going to turn in for the night. Love to all. God bless and may you rest well tonight. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.