Hello everyone! How are you this fine evening? I am winding down for this kind of hectic day.
My grandma (bless her little heart) woke me up at 5:45 (need I remind everyone that this is 3:45 Albuquerque time)? She was confused and worried this morning when she woke up. She didn't know whether or not to wake us up, or who she should wake up. She didn't know what to do or how to go about doing it!
We all got up and around and got ready for breakfast. After breakfast, we came back to Grandma's apartment and I start about washing her hair for her. Once that was done, she waited about a half hour, then decided she wanted a shower, so I got her going on that. Almost towards the end of her shower, one of her hospice nurses came and helped her finish up in the shower. I got her all dressed and ready for her doctor's appointment later this afternoon.
In the mean time, I gave Uncle Lowell one of his breathing treatments. Got him all cleaned up and ready to go to his doctor's appointment this morning. I took him to the pain management clinic for his appointment and this is the second time they've turned him away. Dad took him earlier in the week and they found a problem and wouldn't give him his shots. So, we remedied the situation, followed their strict instructions, got him back down to the hospital just for them to find something else they didn't like, so they still didn't give him his shots. It was a little bit frustrating!
I got him back to their facility just in time for lunch. We went back to Grandma's apartment after lunch and I worked on a frilly scarf I am making for her. After a while, I got her wheelchair and got her loaded into the rental car and we were on our way to the hospital for her appointment. Her appointment went extremely well, actually, it went better than I thought it would. I loaded her back in the car, and she asked me to run by Walmart to pick up some throw rugs for her bathroom. I got her back to the facility just as the staff started serving supper.
As soon as supper was over, several of the ladies begged me to play the piano and sing once more before I head home tomorrow. I played some instrumental music by Yiruma and I sang Via Dolarosa. The facility director offered me a job playing music here at Shields House!
Dad, Uncle Lowell and Grandma came back to the apartment and I went back and checked out of the hotel. We are staying in grandma's apartment tonight. Kind of tight quarters, but I'll make the best of it! Everyone's in bed already, so I need to turn in. It's been a memorable time with my Grandma. Thanks honey for letting me come spend time with her! Thanks boys for picking up the slack at home while I've been gone. I want you three to know what a blessing it was to have this week with my sweet grandma. Thank you.
Well, I hope you've enjoyed reading about some of my adventures back east. Now, back to adventures on our farm! Rest in God's peace tonight. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.