Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Major Milestone...

Good evening to everyone out there! How are you tonight? I am doing well. I feel like I'm a spring that is getting wound up and almost pressed to its capacity before exploding!

I have had several extremely busy, crazy appointment-packed days, so I do apologize for not blogging for several days.

I have to tell you about yesterday though! I had a choir practice scheduled here at my house to work with all my voice students for this semester. They call themselves...For His Glory. They are an absolutely fantastic group of young Christian kids (roughly ages 11-19). These kids have truly blessed my life. They have blessed and influenced the lives of the people who have heard them perform before. God is working something special through these kids. I am just fortunate enough to be able to work with them.

Anyways, we had practice and it's the first time I was able to get everyone all together for the first time to practice our choir pieces as a whole. I don't know how they do it, but they do! Most groups must practice together for hours to get the parts to fit together right and to get a proper blend. Like I said, I truly believe God is working through them! They did so well! I am so excited for them! We had so much fun, we totally lost track of time. Hey, time flies when you're having a total blast!!! The kids have picked an Easter theme this semester. It was coincidental, but we ended up scheduling the recital on Good Friday, two days before Easter! I don't think I could've timed it any better. Some of the songs these kids are singing are just amazing. Some of them are performing well beyond their years. I hope anyone in the Albuquerque area comes to watch them. You will be blessed by them. If you listen to their music and their message, you will not leave the same person you were when you came in. I bet you can't tell I'm sooo excited!!!

Well, about that first milestone...

My oldest son, Aaron, is 15 years old. He has a Instructional Driver's Permit. He has been learning to drive with mostly me, but sometimes Nathan. Anyways, today I really realized that my "baby" has grown up without me! :( He bought his first vehicle today! He worked all last summer and has saved for the last two or three years doing odd jobs and working for the Schwebachs. He bought it all with his own hard-earned money. He got a 1995 Honda Passport. It is a dark blue SUV. It is a 4x4 and has a v-6 engine. Auto transmission. Aaron was wanting to get a vehicle that ran, but one that needed a little work so he could learn a little auto mechanics and/or body work. He has some work cut out for him. Someone backed into the front if this vehicle and needs a little work done to it and Aaron can't wait to get started.

I am tired and need to get some rest. I will take some pictures of Aaron with his "baby" and post it tomorrow! May you have a great night's sleep. God bless! Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.