Good evening! Sorry it has taken me several days to write another post. I have been having several REALLY rough days around here and I am just now getting my feet back up underneath me.
I got up this morning and I made Nathan some Greek yogurt for breakfast. It took me three days to make it. I actually made it out of goat milk. Nathan said it was very good. After we all fed the goat kids, the boys took all six kids outside for the day. The boys had breakfast. After breakfast, I worked my way out to the garage to do chores.
Aaron helped me by dumping all the fodder trays outside. They were all moldy again. :( I took each tray, one-by-one, sprayed them with bleach, wiped them down and cleaned the drain system. I then put all the trays back where they belonged. Aaron dumped the reservoir tank and I bleached that out as well, refilled it with fresh water, spread another two fresh trays of sprouted wheat berries. We're going to give this another try. Chad and Nathan have been testing the water and it was too alkaline, so they had to add vinegar to the reservoir to try and balance the Ph of the water. I started soaking another two trays worth of wheat berries for tomorrow.
After I got all that done, I decided to help Nathan out and do his water changes for him in both of the tilapia tanks. This is a big deal for me. I do NOT like to stick my hands in any fish tank...these I don't mind as much since they typically stay away from anything coming in their tank. Unfortunately, I let my mind wander, and then BAMMM!!! One nailed my hand when I wasn't looking! I guess that teaches me to be nice, huh?
All my chores took about 2 1/2 hours straight. Then I helped Jordan finish his math assessments on the computer. The boys actually finished school a little earlier today. We did our evening chores early, then we left for karate. When we got home from karate, Nathan was out doing chores. I called him and asked him what he was doing since we had already done chores except for milking and feeding the babies. Nathan said our one goat who we thought was bred, but didn't look too far in her pregnancy, had a baby some time after we had done our chores this afternoon. When the boys did their chores, she hadn't had her baby yet. She was a first time mother. She had no clue what to do and wouldn't let Nathan have anything to do with touching her bags to milk her. In seeing that, we figure she didn't let her baby nurse as soon as she was born. Yes, it was a girl and only one. When Nathan found her, she was already gone. I am very sad. I know that's the way things go around here on a farm, but it doesn't make it any easier to accept. She was a beautiful black Nubian.
We made rabbit stew again for dinner, Aaron and Faith (his dog), make quite the hunting pair! Faith is awesome at chasing them and trapping them into a pipe. She'll keep it trapped until Aaron comes and gets it out. I've been teaching my bus how to cook, so they can cook while Nathan and I are on our cruise next month. Jordan chopped up some potatoes. Aaron deboned the rabbit meat and I threw in some frozen garlic vegetables. We let that cook since last night in my crock pot. Then this afternoon before we left for karate, I added some brown gravy mix, green chili, and some corn starch to thicken it. Before we were ready to eat, I made some cheddar garlic biscuits (just like the ones they serve at Red Lobster). Boy! That really hit the spot.
Well, I am completely run down. I have not been sleeping too well at all. Please pray that I may have a restful and peaceful night's sleep. May you be blessed beyond measure tomorrow. Rest well. Be safe. Until tomorrow...
Wish I was there to help out some. Love you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Daddy! You are too sweet! Kind of reminds me of the good ole days when you always helped me out! Love ya!
ReplyDelete