Good evening everyone. How are you this fine evening? I am doing well.
I had a typical day today, nothing out of the ordinary. I cleaned the kitchen this morning. Seems like that is a never-ending job for me! Hmmm...I wonder why???
I made the boys some Fruity Baked Oatmeal for breakfast. For lunch, we just heated left-overs. I was chilled to the bone after lunch, so (shhhhh...don't tell anyone) I crawled under my heating blanket and I grabbed me a little nap!!!
I woke up, got ready, and rode with Aaron to his guitar lesson. He drove on the interstate this afternoon and did pretty well. He still makes me a little nervous from time to time, but over-all, he is doing very well. While Aaron was a guitar, I made my weekly visit to my favorite little coffee shop, Beyond Grounds. I got my usual (a cup of French vanilla latte) and I splurged and got a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie for me and a oatmeal craisin cookie for Aaron. We usually share my latte. I am very impressed with their baked goods. They have a bak who comes in several times a week and bakes fresh goodies for them. They are almost as good as what I make myself! It's a great thing that I have karate to exercise off all my extra calories!
Got home tonight and warmed up left-overs. Aaron had a bowl of Sinagang (a Filapino soup) with rice. Jordan, Nathan and I all had African chicken with rice. After supper was over, I made a fresh batch of sourdough English muffins. My boys really love those. I have a hard time keeping them in stock around here! I plan on making Pomodoro Egg Bake for Nathan tomorrow morning. You take a fresh, ripe tomato, cut off the top quarter of the tomato. Scoop out the insides. Dry out the inside of the tomato shell with a paper towel. Put in 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. Break an egg into the tomato. Sprinkle the top with basil, salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes until the white is set, but the yolk isn't too hard. Then you take it out, top with a little more Parmesan cheese and serve on top of a toasted English muffin. I sure hope Nathan likes it! I've even got my coffee pot set and already to brew on a timer!
Well, Nathan is already in bed. I guess I should go and get ready. Tomorrow is another big day. Rest well my dear friends. God bless you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.