Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday Cogburn Style

Good evening everyone! Hello again. How are you? I am doing much better.

I kind of slept in this morning. The boys did their usual morning chores and I fixed breakfast, turkey bacon, eggs, and toast with coffee.

Aaron drove us to church this morning. This was the second time he drove on the interstate, but the first time with Nathan in the car with him. I think Nathan was as nervous as Aaron!

After church let out, Nathan and Jordan had tickets to a car show that was in town this weekend. Just recently, Jordan has really taken an interest in cars, especially Corvettes, Chargers, Challengers, certain Mustangs. He thoroughly enjoyed himself. Aaron and I spent the afternoon together just hanging out. I eventually stopped at one of our favorite Thai restaurants and Aaron ordered a young coconut milkshake. I ordered a Vietnamese coffee over ice and we both shared a flan with sliced strawberries.

We attended evening services. Afterwards, we had invited our good friend Avram Gooden over to watch the Super Bowl which we recorded it on the DVR. I made a huge batch of jalapeƱo poppers with turkey bacon and surprise, surprise...rabbit stew! My boys were very industrious yesterday and caught a rabbit. Faith, Aaron's dog, chased down a rabbit and ran it into a pipe. The boys grabbed the pipe, Aaron reached in (with gloves on), pulled the rabbit out, and harvested the rabbit. They were so excited that they got another rabbit, they couldn't wait for me to make some more rabbit stew! Avram, a former Marine, had never eaten rabbit before. He was very impressed with the meal. I was very sad his girlfriend (my long-lost "twin sister"), Robin Reedy, couldn't be here to join us. For dessert, I made two kinds of Kolachi (a Polish sweet bread). I made the original recipe with a cream cheese and tapioca filling and I made a lemon almond poppy seed filling. I hadn't eaten the poppy seed filling since I was a child. I remember as a child that I didn't like it as much as the original filling...the opinion still stands!

The actual football game was nerve racking! I was rooting for the Baltimore Ravens. One of their players is named Michael Oher. He was featured in a movie called The Blindside. Excellent movie! I was rooting for him. They played an incredible first half. There was a power outage during the game and the second half was absolutely horrible! The almost handed the game over to the 49ers. It was definitely nerve wracking! I'm glad no one ruined it for me this year and told me who won before I got to finish watching the game. Nathan sure teased about telling me who won, but he didn't!

We sure enjoyed the food and fellowship with Avram and our family. What a great day! Oh, just in case you are wondering, yes...I am still itching, but I am somewhat better. I am tired now, so I'm headed to bed. Sleep well and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.