Good afternoon to all my friends and family! How are you today?
Well, I'm just going to jump in with my story today.
Do you remember about two weeks ago I mentioned in one of my blogs that I was suffering from an allergic reaction to something? I still haven't changed any foods or routines. I changed my sheets, etc. I am still slowly but surely getting worse. My face swelled up yesterday around my cheekbones and I broke out in welts. Nathan joined Jordan and I for dinner before church and he was surprised at how bad it looked. I told him it feels even worse than it looks! I would love to just take a Brillo pad and go to town or maybe just wear out a scratching post!
As far as the whipping post story goes, it started when Jordan rode home with me after church. I had to stop at Walmart and finish some shopping. I had my shopping list on my iPad. I set my iPad in the seat of the cart and I was pushing the cart. I am extremely careful whenever I do this. I kept pushing the cart, but Jordan kept insisting that he push the cart for me. I looked him in the eye and I said, "ok, but do NOT take your eyes off my iPad. I don't want someone to come and swipe it if you're not looking. Do NOT let it out of your sight, ok?" He said ok. We finished our shopping. I paid for the groceries, took the cart out to the car. Jordan unloaded all the groceries for me and took the cart back to the cart corral. By this time, it was a little after 9:00 pm. I drove home. My face felt like it was going to explode because of the itching and welts. Nathan told me to soak in the tub, which I did until I looked like a prune! I got out, took my hair down, and got dressed in my pajamas. I was getting ready to turn in for the night when I realized I needed to plug in my cell phone and iPad. I found my cell phone...but, no iPad. I searched the house. I searched the car. That's when I realized Jordan must have left it in the shopping cart at Walmart! I ran back inside, changed into my clothes, jumped in the car and started driving like a crazy woman to Walmart. On my way, I pulled out my Walmart receipt, got the phone number and called ahead. I spoke with Jason at customer service. I told him what happened and he said they had my iPad and they would hold it for me at customer service! Boy! What a relief! I told Jordan it was a good thing they found it and I was able to get it back or I would've tied him to a whipping post and beat him with a wet noodle!!! Oh, I forgot to mention...right before I took my bath, Nathan had me take a Benedryl so it would help with my itching and to help me sleep. When I take one Benedryl tablet, it knocks me on my rear. I can't function. So, as I'm driving back from Walmart (it is now 10:35) the silly Benedryl decides to finally kick in! I was getting so sleepy driving home. I was fit to be tied! I did manage to make it home without falling asleep at the wheel! Oh, well...that's how things go around here!
Well, that's my latest saga for today. Hopefully, I won't have any continuations of either story for tomorrow! Take care and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.