Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dojo Party

Good evening to all! How are you tonight? I am great.

I got up early, fixed Nathan's breakfast and lunch and saw him off to work. Got the boys up and around and did their chores. While they were doing their morning chores, I fixed them some breakfast. I made them fried sausage patties and French toast. Then I spent the rest of the morning doing my chores.

I finally got a shower right before my piano lesson with Avery. His lesson was at 11:30 and he almost caught me doing chores still in my pj's!

After the lesson was over, I soaked some sodas in some ice to chill for our dojo party this afternoon. Then I made three dozen jalapeƱo poppers. I cut the jalapeƱos in half and remove all the seeds. I softened some cream cheese and filled each pepper. Then I wrapped each one in turkey bacon and fastened each one with a toothpick. I then heated the grill on high, then I turned it down to medium and placed all the poppers top side (cream cheese side) down. I grilled until the bacon was crisp and flipped it over and finished grilling it till the bacon got done.

We went to the party. We had a great time. I officially earned my first kyu (no B)!!! I was so proud of Aaron. He earned his straight 1kyu! Then we are so happy for our friend Sam. He earned his provisional black belt. We were very happy also for our dear Sensei. This was a big day for him as well. Sam is his first black belt student ever!!! Congratulations Sensei!

I also had some great news. I am in charge of fundraising for our East Mountain Dojo so all of our students who want to attend summer camp, can go. I wrote three letters to local business owners to ask them to sponsor some of our students or make a one-time donation. I got my first response today! My boys' orthodontist, Dr. Hurt, called and wants to donate $250 to our dojo to go towards camp! I am very excited! I am still waiting to hear from the other two. Hopefully, they will be willing to help as well!

Well, I am a little worn out tonight, so I am going to relax for a while before heading to bed. I think Aaron wants to go over some of his music with me before he goes to bed tonight. Until tomorrow...rest well and know that I am praying sweet things for you! God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Those Poppers sound delicious. Wish I was there to have partaken of them. Congrats to you and Aaron for the belts. Looking forward to seeing you soon in Kentucky and Indiana. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry dad, we enjoyed the poppers for you! Thanks regarding the belts! I, too, am looking forward to Indiana. Time just seems to be flying by. Love you! So happy you were able to comment on the blog! Hope to hear more!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.