Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Amazing Anniversary Present!

Good morning to all! How are you this beautiful morning? We are all doing very well thank you!

Sorry I didn't enter a blog last night. I went to bed real early...I know, I know, that is so unlike me! I think I was mentally and physically exhausted from karate classes yesterday. We are preparing for testing on Saturday. My Sensei says that I am ready. That always seems to settle my nerves a bit, but I train very hard just to have that "edge" each time I get out on the dojo floor. Aaron is (Lord willing) testing this Saturday as well. I am sure he will pass with flying colors. He has taken a huge leap forward in his abilities. Jordan has majorly improved on his sparring skills in class. I cannot believe the changes he has made! I am so proud of both my boys! I'm not sure yet if Jordan will be testing or not this time. We should know by Thursday evening if he is.

Well, got a little bit of not-so-good news...lost another tilapia yesterday. One just got bullied to death. We knew he had been getting picked on by one fish in particular, so we separated them, but it was a little too late. So, now we are down to seven. Thankfully though, they are all looking pretty healthy.

As for my fodder, we have NO mold! Yaaaaayyyyy!!! I think I might have this figured out (knock on wood)! Today is day seven and we are ready to feed the first two trays today. I have no slime. There is no rotting smell. It's all good! Praise The Lord! I was about to go crazy trying to figure out what to do next!

Nathan and I are (Lord willing) getting ready to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary this April. He is planning a major gift for me (besides whisking me away on a Mediterranean cruise). He is making me an extremely unique gift. We are planning on picking it up today. It's going to take a lot of work to build it the way he is envisioning it. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but it's going to be wonderful working on this with him! I am not big into material gifts, but this is an exception! I will post pictures when it is done!

I need to go light a fire under my boys this morning. I woke them up 40 minutes ago and haven't seen hide nor hair of either one of them! This is going to be our crazy day. I teach piano and voice lessons from 10-1. Then we leave around 1:40 for drama that goes from 2-4. Then we go straight into town to run errands, eat dinner, then go to church! Lastly, we come home and do evening chores before bed...Wednesdays are a bit crazy, huh?

Take care. Please ask questions, leave comments, or request topics you'd like me to share about. I can talk about animal farming, gardening, cooking, canning...etc. What do you want to hear about? I've shared a lot of my funny farm stories. Birthing season is coming up, so that's usually when I get a bunch of funny stories...things always seem to not go the way we expect them to!

May God bless you today and always! Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.