Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Madness

Good evening! How are you tonight? I am wiped out!

I had a typical morning here around the farm. I ran into Moriarty to the local grocery store. Nathan's been looking for brewers yeast and we can't seem to find it anywhere. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to find. We did find it in pill form at Petco, but it also had garlic in it. Nathan has a recipe to make a protein patty to feed our honey bees, so we thought a garlic flavored honey would NOT be the best thing! Does anyone know where we can buy it locally?

The boys and I left the house at 1:30 to make it to the boys' orthodontic appointment by 2:20. They were running behind and didn't even call either one of them back until 2:50. We got both of them done and were leaving by 3:30. I had an appointment at the Apple service store at 3:50. We pulled in at exactly 3:45 and actually found a parking spot directly in front of the store! That is a miracle in and of itself since it is in Uptown and you can never seem to find a parking place anywhere close to where you need to be! Jordan had a warranty issue with his iPod that he just had replaced last Wednesday and guess what? They replaced it again for free! I love warranties, especially when the company actually lives up to it!

We left the apple store at 4:15. I drove straight to Cedar Crest and stopped at our dentist's office, Dr. Retzer. I am trying to raise funds for kids from our East Mountain dojo to be able to attend National Karate Camp this summer in Santa Fe. Master Osaka (who is one generation away from Master Funakoshi, the Father of modern karate) will be doing seminars and working with us. He will also be demonstrating for everyone. I am so excited to watch him...I've never seen a Master perform a kata before. Anyways, I have been asking several businesses that I know if they might be willing to sponsor some of our students who would like to go, but may need a little help to get there. We left from there to go up the street to Aaron's guitar lesson at the Village Guitarist. While Aaron was getting his lesson, Jordan and I parked across the parking lot and went to my favorite coffee shop. Had a great time just chilling out and enjoying not have to rush off to be somewhere!

After lessons were over, Aaron drove us home. Our six babies were anxiously waiting for us to come home to bring them inside and feed them some dinner! As soon as we fed all of them, they all passed out! They were so tired from playing outside, being a little cooler, getting their bellies filled with nice warm milk, and just warming up...they couldn't help but fall right to sleep! I don't think I've ever seen them all fall asleep so quickly! It was so nice and quiet! Well, we've come up with names for all six of them. I even have them color coded so we can keep straight who is who. Light pink is for Jasmine. Hot pink is for Grace. Purple is for Paige-Laressa. Red is for Chester. Blue is for Tundra. And black is for Siggy (short for Sigmund). They are just way too cute. I have things that I know needs to be done, but I just don't want to put them down. I love this stage of their life. They are still so small, they don't fight and they just love to snuggle for warmth!

I am getting pretty sleepy, so I am turning in for the night. I pray you sleep well tonight. Btw, I have a very special prayer request. One of my good friends has a baby girl who is underweight. The doctors are pretty concerned with her not just getting big enough. Her name is Eva Grace. Please pray that God would allow her to grow to be big, strong and healthy. She is just about adorable as they come! Thank you for praying for her. May God grant you peace tonight as you sleep! Until tomorrow...God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.