Saturday, February 2, 2013

Down Time

Good evening! How are you tonight? I am doing very well.

I went to bed still itchy, but I did take some Benedryl before climbing into bed. My darling hubby was so wonderfully sweet to let me sleep in this morning! I think I woke up around 8:30! My honey had a pot of coffee just waiting for me!

I made a pumpkin spice cake, sourdough blueberry nut waffles, scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage patties. I wanted to make a scrumptious breakfast for Nathan since he was especially thoughtful.

After breakfast, I did my morning chores. I put out two new trays of fodder grains. I have not seen any more signs of mold yet. I just keep hoping it stays that way. I soaked another two trays worth of grain for tomorrow's trays.

Nathan needed to do a 50% water change on his tilapia breeding tanks. I decided to help him since he and Jordan were up on the roof cleaning our chimney pipe. I drained and cleaned both tanks and refilled both with fresh water. While I was at it, I topped of Nathan's reserve salt water tank reservoir as well.

I came in and cleaned up my kitchen some. After I finished this, I set everything out for Aaron to heat up leftovers for the guys' lunch. I made an appointment at a wonderful beauty salon called The Cutting Edge. My hair dresser is Bea. Boy, she does work wonders! I got some highlights and lowlights, wash, trim and style. It felt good to have someone pamper me and "play" with my hair! That in and of itself could put me to sleep or render me catatonic! So I am attaching a pic of me once I got back from getting my highlights. I hope you can see the colors in the pic.

Well, sorry I haven't had any exciting news around here on the farm, but that should be changing here in the near future. Nathan and the boys trimmed the alpacas hooves and the goats hooves while I was getting my hair done. We have three pregnant does and one of them is starting to show signs of getting ready to kid. We're guessing it might be about a week before we have some excitement! Then I'm pretty sure to have lots of new farm stories to share!

Well, I need to go get supper ready for my hungry guys. Rest well and God bless.

2 comments:

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.