Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Getting Caught Up In More Ways Than One!

Hello to all of my friends and family? How are you this evening? I am tired, but I feel good!

I woke up extra early this morning to make Nathan some Greek yogurt with honey, fresh blueberries and granola for breakfast. I also packed a lunch for him. I got him out the door and went back to bed (only for a half hour though) :) !!!

I got the boys up and going this morning earlier than usual. I offered to help Jordan pour up the milk and wash up if he got up earlier and got the milk in sooner before my first music student showed up. While the boys were out doing chores, I set up four trays of seed for fodder and started soaking enough seed for four more trays for tomorrow. I checked on Nathan's fish. There is one big white male and he was bullying all the other fish in the original tank, so we moved him and a matching female and one smaller fish. He's been picking on her all day (I'll explain more later). I also started two loads of laundry. Jordan brought the milk up to the house and I started pouring up. My student at 8:30 showed up before I finished pouring everything up. I taught her voice for 30 minutes and piano for another 30 minutes.

The boys were busy at school when I got done. Aaron had to meet his major deadline by midnight tonight. For those who weren't aware, I homeschool our two boys and it's based through a charter school in Farmington. The school put Aaron on a wait list at the beginning of the school year and contacted us a month and a half into the school year to transfer him into the school we really wanted him in. They didn't accept his school work from the online school he was registered in. After the fact, they decided that he needed to turn in every bit of work from the beginning of their school year, plus keep up with the regular students. Aaron is very gifted and bright. He is usually a straight A student. He has been keeping long hours at school for the last 3 1/2 months trying to continually get caught up. Bless his little heart! He has been staying up to about 1:30-2:00 almost every night. He's even pulled a couple of over-nighters. We are so proud of him. He has been very diligent in his studies. I pray God would bless him for his hard work and diligence. He is finally in bed right now, this is the first time in probably 3 months that he's been in bed long before me! I usually am a night owl, but he's outdone me the last few months! I pray he sleeps well tonight. He did meet all of deadlines tonight though...hallelujah!!!

I spent a couple of hours trying to help Aaron organize things and get them turned in at school. Then I spent about 2 1/2 hours cleaning my kitchen! It looks amazing! I wonder how long it'll stay this way??? Lol! I doubt less than 24 hours!

Jordan and I met Nathan at church tonight. Aaron stayed home so he could meet his final deadline in history. Jordan had the lesson tonight and he read Job 1-3. He did a very good job. I was very proud of him. He's come a long way. He used to be terrified of reading in front of people, much less speaking and just winging it. He's getting more relaxed. Way to go Jordan!

After I got home tonight, I made a huge batch of homemade hot cocoa mix. I used a vanilla caramel creamer instead of just plain creamer and added also a bag of mini marshmallows. Yummmy! I also felt an inspiration (probably because my kitchen was so clean) so I made two loaves of Kolachi. It is a Polish sweet bread with filling in it. My filling has tapioca pearls, cream cheese, vanilla and sweetened with a little bit of sugar. After it bakes, I drizzle it with icing! The boys are going to have a great breakfast tomorrow, I guess to make up for them having to eat cereal today!!! Lol!

Well, speaking of which, my oven timer just dinged. I need to pull the Kolachi out of the oven. Until tomorrow...God bless you all!

4 comments:

  1. Proud of Aaron and his determination to finish his deadlines. Proud of you and Nathan for supporting him.

    Your culinary expertise is definitely amazing. Wish I had your skills and ability.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot! What is something that you would absolutely love to do/have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, sometimes I get super busy and once in a blue moon I like to pamper myself with a girl's day out. I'll go and get my hair done. Go out to lunch, then if I really feel like splurging, I will get an hour massage! I don't get to do this very often though. Then if I feel really stressed out, I love to catch an extra karate class over at the main dojo in Albuquerque. It is a hard workout, I feel tired afterwards, but I feel great. It is definitely a stress release for me. I know most people just don't understand...I know I'm strange! I totally love teaching music. I love all my students and we have a great time! I love getting them all together and hearing them sing some beautiful harmonies! I also love spending time with any of my girlfriends. Most of my girlfriends all homeschool, so many of them cannot meet with me to go out, so I even enjoy phone calls or emails! I don't know if I answered your question correctly. If I didn't, please ask me again more specifically. Sometimes I don't know what to write about, so thank you very much for asking me a question. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.