Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day Four of Kangeiko

Good morning to everyone out there!!! How are this fine day? I am doing wonderful!

We just got done with our 4the day of Kangeiko training and as you can probably tell...I FEEL GREAT! We are "celebrating" our success this morning over a cup a coffee and a glazed lemon filled Krispy Kreme donut! Well... I only took four bites of my donut and shared the rest of my donut with the boys! Aaron had a Double Dark Chocolate donut and Jordan ate a blueberry glazed cake donut. Nothing like fresh brewed coffee!

At training today, we focused on our roundhouse kick. I was paired up with my friend Jeanne Drennan. Loved working out with her today! Sensei Nagatomo kind of got on me about not being "connected." I was doing my kick and letting my left arm wave instead of being connected with some tension. He just walked by and started to grab my arm as I was flailing and I immediately corrected myself and guess what? My kicks amazingly were mysteriously better all of a sudden...coincidence? Hmmm...

Next, I paired up with Jeanne and I held her hand, brought my knee up, pivoted, and when I kicked, Jeanne helped lift my leg onto her shoulder. While my leg was on her shoulder, she would pull my leg toward her and stretch my leg out as far as she could get my body to stretch...it felt great! Sensei Nagatomo was really impressed with how far I was able to stretch. He teasingly looked at Aaron and Jordan and said, "You'd better be careful! Your mom really knows how to kick well!!!"

We also practiced Hein Yondan. At the last of training, we actually did Hein Yondan with sparring partners so we were a actually blocking opponents while we attempted to perform the movements of the kata. I don't know what happened to me. I really know that kata, but as soon as I was facing an opponent, I would forget what movement came next or which arm or hand to block with! I will definitely practice this at home with my boys!

Well, I need to go for now. Until tomorrow...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.