Saturday, January 19, 2013

Aaron's Birthday Party

Good evening everyone! How are you tonight? I am beat!

I spent the entire day prepping for Aaron's party tonight. I was finally done doing everything around 4:10! I guess that's a good thing, especially since he party was supposed to start at 4:00!

I made three racks of smoked ribs. It was the first time I've ever smoked ribs. They turned out pretty good for my first try. I will definitely tweak my recipe for next time though. They weren't seasoned enough, but had a great texture and wonderful smokey flavor. I also made jalapeƱo poppers with turkey bacon. They were the best! I made his carrot cake and homemade vanilla ice cream. Oh, I also whipped up a batch of honey cornbread.

Luke Drennan came to the party and his mom sent some pasta salad. Sensei Caesar and his family came and brought pizza. He totally made Jordan's night! For Jordan to have both ribs AND pizza in the same night...he thought he died and went to heaven! Tonya, Savanah, and Avery joined the party as well! Haven had a nasty cough, so he hung out with Chad over at their apartment. Tonya made them some plates and they were able to at least enjoy the food! We missed them though! The Schwebach boys (Nathan and Dominic) were able to come as well!

All the kids went outside and played for a while. Jordan had bought some fire crackers with his own money and set some of them off once it got dark.

We all enjoyed sitting around after dinner just chatting. Nathan and Caesar had a great time reminiscing about the Hispanic culture...I'm not going to say anymore! Aysha (Caesar's wife) and I definitely did not share their enthusiasm of their stories!

We had a great time. There were several families that couldn't make it, but we still had a wonderful time! It kind of surprised me...I think this was the quietest party we have ever thrown!

Thanks to everyone who came and made this day special for Aaron. He really enjoyed spending time with friends and families whom he loves and respects a great deal.

I am totally wiped out. I am going straight to bed. Nathan even offered to make me a bubble bath, but I seriously hear my pillow calling my name! Sweet dreams everyone. May you truly be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.