Good morning! How are you? I am trying to make sense of my morning!
The boys actually got up early today. Aaron's got his learner's driving permit yesterday. He wanted to drive half way to Kangeiko this morning, so I told them if Aaron wanted to drive, we'd have to leave early enough to take the back roads half way there and switch out drivers as we got close to town. We made it to Kangeiko with no incidents! Aaron actually did pretty well.
I have been struggling with my back threatening to go out on me for the last two days. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to run the full mile this morning. I started running this morning next to my sensei, Sensei Caesar. He asked me how my back was. I told him not so good, but that u wasn't going to let it get the better of me! He asked if I was going to run the whole mile. I told him I would try to, but I'd have to see how my back held out for me. I was thinking about running with my friend Sandra. I knew she didn't run the entire way, so I thought if my back was killing me too much, I might run with her. I told Sensei that and he encouraged me to run with her and encourage her to run further. I really did try to encourage her, she was so close to doing the complete run, but she turned and started heading back. Since we were so close to doing the entire run, I decided to go ahead and do it. Unfortunately, when I decided to run with Sandra, I had to drop back to let her catch up with me. By the time I decided to keep going, I was in last place. I tried to pick up the pace, but I was too far behind to catch up. I ran the whole way, but I was the last runner to come in. I was pretty disappointed, but glad I did it anyways. Tomorrow, I will NOT be the last one, I will still try for my best time tomorrow.
Today was focused on making decisions. Are you really going to try? Are you motivated to make changes and push yourself? Are you going to be "professional" or "non-professional"? He gave a demonstration of a professional chef or someone who just throws something together. Does a professional chef just slop an egg into a pan to fry it or does he "press" it on the side of the pan and slide it into the pan? Am I going through the motions just slopping it around or am I going to be deliberate and focus on minute details?
Today we did back thrust kicks and back roundhouse kicks. Let me tell you something...I'm not sure I was born to do those kicks! I'm only kidding! I WILL learn to do those kicks, just not anytime soon! I looked pretty uncoordinated this morning! I'm sure Sensei Nagatomo got his moment of entertainment from just watching my antics as I repeatedly attempted these kicks! Aaron and Jordan both really did well doing those kicks, especially Aaron. Aaron is very gifted with kicking. I definitely would HATE being on the ceiling end of Aaron's kicks if he were truly defending himself. I will most definitely have to ask him to help his poor old mama learn to do it properly!
Well, we are almost there. One more day to go! I am very excited to have made it this far this year! I look forward to tomorrow's training. I have no idea what we are going to be working on. After training is over, we are all doing a potluck breakfast. I was requested to make my jalapeƱo poppers with turkey bacon and my homemade cinnamon rolls. I'll have to make those today sometime.
I am looking forward to this afternoon. I have two new music students that are (Lord willing) starting with me today. Please pray that my back holds up for at least one more day. Yes, I am pampering myself at the moment and no, I will not be doing any strenuous lifting.
Thank you for reading and commenting on my blogs. Take care and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.