Hello again! How are you tonight? I am doing great.
I woke up at my normal time this morning. I made some Greek yogurt with our own honey, chia seeds, fresh blackberries and granola. I also got Nathan a cup of mocha to go!
I had to run some errands this morning. I ran to Country Gas and filled our empty propane tanks. I also had to stop by the post office to pick up some stamps. I mailed an application for Aaron to be approved for a correspondence driving course. Wow! Can you believe he's actually able to drive already???
I got home about 30 minutes before I had two of my students show up. I truly enjoy teaching. I have so much fun! Crystal Willis and her daughter Sarah both had lessons with me today. They both take voice lessons. I am so proud of Crystal. She is very talented, but also very shy! She has made tremendous changes in her voice since she has started taking lessons. I don't want to make her feel awkward, so I won't say too much, but I just have to say how proud I am of her! Sarah is an absolute sweetheart! She is also very talented and has the voice of an angel! I am looking forward to seeing what she's able to accomplish this semester. She is amazing! Actually, the entire Willis family is talented beyond belief! The two oldest Willis girls, Alicia and Lydia, both started taking piano lessons from me back about ten years ago. They didn't know how to read music or play piano. Alicia now has students of her own! Lydia is currently taking voice lessons from me now and she also has violin students of her own as well! Lydia composes her own music and it is some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. I am not exaggerating either. She has such a gift for music composition! I am blessed to know such a talented family!
As soon as lessons were over, I got the boys loaded up and we went straight to karate. Today, we celebrated Aaron's birthday "Japanese style!" In Japanese culture, it is tradition in our form of karate to have the birthday boy/girl stand at the front of the class. They assume a strong standing position while the rest of the class lines up facing the birthday boy/girl in a single file. Then each person gets to punch the birthday boy/girl to wish them a Happy Birthday! Aaron had to stand there and take it! Yes, we really do have to punch the person. It is considered total disrespect for the person if you take it easy on them. You MUST really punch! Yes, I even did this on my last birthday. It's actually pretty cool. So, we celebrated Aaron's birthday at the first class and after we all got a chance to punch him, we shared some chocolate chip cookies I made today. Then we did the second class. Again, we celebrated Aaron's birthday and shared some pumpkin spice cake and zucchini bread which I also made with my boys' help. Then we did the third class. We had a lot of fun today.
Well, I am going to go to bed. Nathan's already asleep. I need to catch up with him. Poor guy was exhausted tonight. He couldn't even keep his eyes open! I will make him his fruit/vegetable/protein shake in the morning. Hopefully that will help boost his energy level. Those usually seem to help him! Sleep well. May you have sweet dreams. God bless.
You're a good wife and mom. I admire you.
ReplyDeleteMom
Thanks mom! I learned from the best!
ReplyDelete