Monday, January 28, 2013

Fodder Problems

Hello everyone! How are you today? I am doing very well.

It felt very good to sleep in again this morning (anytime after 6:30 now is sleeping in)! I got up and and fixed Nathan a sausage egg and cheese English muffin and a "mtg" (mocha to go).

The boys got up and did chores. They ate breakfasts and got on school.

I was able to go through some mail and sort out most of the junk. I found a few things kind of lost in our pile of mail!

I went out and checked on the fodder again today. It is growing too much mold again. I wonder if it had to do with the heater going out on us for two days. I haven't changed anything else. I have abut two hours worth of work to go out there, get rid of all the moldy trays, bleach everything down and start all over again. This is so frustrating. Once I think I've possibly got it figured out, something changes and I get mold again. Well, I will try again tonight. I have to take Aaron to his guitar lesson here in a little while. Duane and Anita (my in-laws) are driving in from Texas this afternoon and hope to spend a few joyful days with us!

I am thinking of making a dish called African Chicken. It's a tomato based sauce with peanut butter mixed in. It has chicken and onions and green chili! It is very delicious. I like to serve it over rice. I've got my chicken on to boil right now.

I made bierocks for dinner the other night. They are bread pockets stuffed with a meat filling. For my filling, I used hamburger, garlic, onions, shredded carrots and cabbage, and diced potatoes. I sautéed all the filling ingredients together until the potatoes were done and I seasoned it with salt and pepper. I let the filling cool. In the meantime, I made a batch of refrigerator dough. I pinched off an egg-sized lump of dough and rolled it out into a circle. I placed a 1/2 c. of filling in, folded the dough over and sealed the edges with a fork. I baked them for 15 minutes and they were a hit! We asked Chad, Tonya and their kids to join us for dinner that night. They just officially moved in their apartment that night and Tonya was just going to have cereal, so I was glad this recipe made a huge batch! We ate a lot, but we still had a bunch left over. We love them as left overs.

Well, I need to go check on Jordan. I outlined him to rinse off some lava rock for me. We are trying to get all the sediment off the rocks so Nathan can build a natural filtration system for our tilapia tanks. I will keep you posted on how that goes!

Until tomorrow...God bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're keeping busy! I hope you have a great week spending time with your friends. Hmm...African chicken. Sounds interesting. You'll have to show me the recipe sometime. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...staying busy keeps me out of trouble...well, most of the time! Sure! I'd be happy to share the recipe with you! I'll make a copy of it and give it to your mom when she comes for lessons tomorrow. Hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.