Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Death By Chocolate!!!

Happy New Year to everyone! I hope and pray that each of you were able to ring in the new year safely this year!

We were invited to ring in the New Year at the Heckendorn's house again this year. The Heckendorn's are a very dear, sweet family that we know through homeschooling. Cathy is also the director of the homeschooling drama group the boys are in.

Let me back up a couple of weeks ago...

We had our end of the year training at the main karate dojo in town. After that, the main Sensei, Sensei Nagatomo hosted an end of the year Christmas party at his house. Every year, they have a chocolate fountain where you can dip stuff and eat it! This was Nathan's first year to attend and he loved the chocolate fountain! So, he mentioned in passing that he would eventually like to get one before we have our next big party at our house. Well, I bought him a chocolate fountain for Christmas. Let me start out by saying that Cathy Heckendorn is a HUGE chocoholic.

The Heckendorns invited us to their New Year's Eve party and Nathan wondered if they would mind if we brought the chocolate fountain. I told Nathan that Cathy would probably be upset if we DIDN'T bring it! So we went to the party and we brought the fountain with us. I had stopped by the store and bought lots of goodies to dip in the chocolate. I got large marshmallows, Oreo cookies, Nutter Butter cookies, coconut cream wafers, fresh strawberries, cantelope, mangos, pineapple, and bananas! It was the hit of the party. The teenagers really liked it, but I think Mr. Jackson enjoyed it the most!!!

The Schwebach's youngest little girl, Addie, came up and asked her momma if she could pretty PLEASE have another smarshmellow with lots of chocolate...she was way too precious!!! She had apparently already had several. Her mother, Ive, looked at me and said, "I suppose. Ok, Michelle. When Addie is running around at 1 A.M. with all this sugar, I'm going to let her call you!" I said, "Absolutley! I hardly ever sleep anyways!" Ive got Addie another chocolate smothered marshmallow and Addie took a big bite. She had chocolate all over her mouth and her momma said, "Ok Addie, give Mrs. Cogburn a HUGE kiss!" Addie leaned over and gave me a sweet chocolate kiss. I told Addie that was so sweet and that I'd leave her chocolate kiss on all night and she said I couldn't because that would make my pillow case all dirty! I busted up laughing and I told Ive that I was really impressed that Addie is only three years old and worried abut me dirtying my pillow case! So, all night, Addie would run up to me and check my face to make sure I didn't wipe off her kiss! What a sweet darling little girl!

We pray that in this new year that God would bless each of you with life, health and happiness! May you find joy in knowing Him and sharing your life with friends and family. My life is so full. God has blessed me more than I ever deserve. May 2013 be a joyous one for all. Take care. Be safe. God bless!

4 comments:

  1. You deserve every blessing that you've received and I know more blessings will come your way.

    Love u,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom! You're so sweet! Enjoy your day!

      Love you too!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet story. I know you had a fun party and everyone was thrilled you brought the chocolate fountain, no doubt. HappyNew Year to you all too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a sweet story that I will never forget...Addie's just so precious! Miss you all and praying for everyone!

      Love ya bunches! Send our love to Nanny for us!

      Delete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.