Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day Two of Kangeiko

Hello to everyone. How are you tonight? I am well.

Got up this morning. Drove to the other dojo for day two of Kangeiko. Today the theme was "add spice" to your practice. Many times we go through the motions and don't seek to improve each and every time we run through a kata. We should see what we need to change to improve ourselves and not just repeat mediocracy. Also, today was focused on our side-of-snap kick. Unfortunately, it's my worst kick. Fortunately, it gave me a chance to work on it. I did manage to provide entertainment (at my expense) for Sensei Nagatomo! I was not keeping my arms "connected" and would flail them whenever I would try my side-of-snap kick. He said, " I have no idea how you can make your body move in two separate directions at the same time. You look silly!"

I ran my mile this morning. It seemed easier, but was not able to shave off time from yesterday's run. My goal this week is to shave 20-30 seconds off my original time.

Well, I hate to make this short, but I am tired and 4:00 come real early in the morning. Take care and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.