Monday, January 7, 2013

Fish, Fish, and More Fish

Hello everyone! How are you feeling tonight. I am fine, a little bit of a headache, but fine!

Had a quiet day today. I got up and made breakfast for Nathan before he went to work. He wanted me to make him a fruit and vegetable protein shake. I had a terrible time getting my boys out of bed though...the story of my life! Aaron usually isn't too hard to wake up, but the last three mornings have been absolute torture for me. Finally got BOTH boys up and out of bed (albeit an hour later) and got them doing chores. When they returned from completing all their morning chores, I fixed some sourdough English muffins (they eat them like they're going out of style), sausage patties and scrambled eggs. Aaron and I enjoyed our usually cup of mocha!

I checked email, answered them, and did some general work on the computer. I fixed lunch for the boys. We had pinto beans and cheese and crackers. It was really good! Aaron's been trying to finish getting caught up in school. Wednesday by midnight is his deadline. Please pray for his endurance and my sanity between now and then. Jordan started back to school today...yippee!

Nathan had a pretty rough day at work today. He was so very busy that busy doesn't even begin to describe how his day went. Tonight, I made dinner so we could eat early and head over to the Schwebach's to pick up some pinto beans and popcorn for storage. I made some steamed rice and homemade eggrolls. My guys and I pretty much cleaned up supper...look Anita, no leftovers!!! While we were eating, Nathan got a call from Mr. Schwebach and they asked to reschedule our pick up since Mrs. Schwebach's father is not doing well, so please pray for her and her dad.

After supper, Nathan decided to go ahead and set up the two fish tanks I picked up for him the other day in Los Lunas. I just got done boiling some water so the heaters wouldn't have to work so hard to heat up the tank. The fish are becoming too stressed since they are too crowded in just the one tank.

We ran into some problems with the fish pond reservoir under the aquaponics system. The water was becoming too fouled with the grains that it was growing too much mold. The moldy water would drain back into the pond and continue getting slimy and nasty. I've been having to bleach my trays before spreading new seeds each day, but the murky, decaying water fouled the seeds anyways. We have traded the large pond out for a large rubber maid container. It won't hold near as much water, but we think this will be more manageable and we can change the water more frequently.

Oh well, I hope things run a little smoother for a while! A word of praise for Nathan's Uncle Jerry! Aunt Judith just posted that the doctors think they've figured out what has been the main cause for all of Uncle Jerry's problems. They found out that he's allergic to heparin, which he's been on for a while now. They have since stopped using it and we are waiting to see the outcome. They fully expect him to make a complete recovery. Praise The Lord! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for praying for him. I will keep you all posted on Uncle Jerry's progress!

Rest well my dear friends! God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about Jerry's health improvement. Still praying for his recovery.

    Hope your fish pond problems will be solved.

    Congratulations , Aaron on your essay.

    Love you all,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen about Uncle Jerry!

    I hope we have found a solution to the mold problem. Hope the fish are hardy enough to make it through the transition phase! We filled up both of the new tanks last night. Woke up this morning and the bottom tank has a small leak about 2/3 of the way up the tank. It's not too bad. Nathan and I finished draining it this morning and he hopes to get that repaired today or tomorrow. We went ahead and moved three fish to the upper new tank. They seem to really like it.

    Thank you mom for helping coach Aaron on his paper. He enjoyed working with you! He is very proud of his grade!

    Love you! Pray you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.