Good evening my friends! Sorry I missed posting my blog last night. I happened to have girls' night at my friend Kathy's house.
I went to Kathy's house and her daughter cooked an amazing supper. She made baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and steamed spinach. Absolutely yummy!!!
Then we stayed up late chatting, eating chips and queso, drinking coffee, and eating a surprise chocolate birthday cake I made for Kathy. Her birthday falls on this coming Sunday. I sure was glad I got to celebrate it with her.
We kind of lazed around this morning. Enjoyed several cups of coffee and ate a couple pieces of chocolate cake with whipped chocolate icing. Nothing like cake for breakfast huh?
Then we ate lunch out at the Olive Garden. I thoroughly enjoyed my all-you-can-eat soup and salad. I was so full, you could have rolled me out to my car. I am definitely going to have to work out more in the next couple of days!
We then went to Kathy's grandson Taylor's basketball game. It was pretty funny. We were sitting there watching the game and I looked to my left and there was a guy sitting a few bleacher seats away from me. I recognized a teacher from Buena high School where I went to high school. His name is Haakim Monseur. He taught English with my mom when she taught at the high school. His son was on Taylor's basketball team!
After the games were over, I came back to my parents' home. My boys were pretty sweet! They built a bonfire in my mom's fire pit out back, roasted some hotdogs for everyone, then made s'mores for dessert. My sweet boys offered to make supper and dessert for everyone tonight!
Jordan and I are watching the movie Lord of the Rings. Mom just had her surround sound hooked up tonight and the sound is pretty impressive. Aaron and mom are both sitting in the dining room playing their guitars.
I am feeling pretty tired. I will turn in for the night. I hope to do some more fun stuff tomorrow! Rest well and God's peace be with you all!
Coffee, chocolate cake, and Olive Garden! Man! If jealousy wasn't a sin, I would be. (Maybe I am anyway! Heehee)
ReplyDelete