Sunday, October 14, 2012

International Balloon Fiesta

Good evening! I had such a exciting and fun-filled day.

Nathan got us all up at 5:00 A.M. Yes, even got Jordan up too! Left the house by 5:30. We caught the park-and-ride bus at the Coronado Mall. We got onto the launching field by around 7:00.

We saw the hot air balloons being inflated by a fan. After they get pretty much inflated on their side, they turn on the gas burners to fill the balloon with hot air and the balloon then stands upright. The balloon chase crew holds the balloon with ropes until the referees come by and give the ok to launch the balloons. All the bystanders can walk right up to the balloons. It's really amazing to see all the beautiful balloons light up and lift off. They say this is the most photographed event in the world. They also say that during the two week event, there are at least 100,000 people in attendance!

We took several pictures and I will try and post them. Hope you enjoy them! If you ever get the chance to come see them in person, you should!

We left the field at 8:30, and stopped by Twisters for a cup of coffee. Went to church where we met up with the Raddigans. It was so good to see them again!

Went out to lunch with Chad, Tonya and Savanah at Sadie's. After lunch, we ran errands all afternoon and didn't get home until 7:30 tonight.

We are pretty wiped out, so I'm going to turn in! Take care and God bless you all!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a bunch of 'hot air' to me. I have seen some preachers that could launch a couple of the 'hot air' balloons. Love you, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the pictures. Wish I could have been there. The 1st photo of Aaron, Jordan and you was 'bee-licious'. Could almost smell the honey. The second picture of you and Nathan in front of the 'cow', I could almost smell the . . .Well the third picture was the best in front of the POW/MIA balloon was fantastic. VA or the American Vets should have had a balloon. As to my earlier comment, I take it back about the preachers, They could only do one or two balloons, get all these politicians and they have enough hot air to fill all the balloons. dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to watch, but I think it would be more exciting to ride one. Have you all done that?

    Nice photos. Thanks for sending them. I will post them on my wall.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it would probably be very exciting to ride in one, but it is so expensive. We have never ridden in one. I hope to one day though!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.