Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Freezing Cream Style Corn

Woke up this morning feeling a little like death warmed over. My darling hubby brought me a cup of hot tea with some of our honey, a banana and some fruity baked oatmeal! I ate breakfast in bed. What a sweet and considerate husband I have!

After breakfast, I got up and shucked three dozen ears of the Schwebach's sweet corn. Felt exhausted, so I went back to bed at 10:30. I planned on getting up at 11:30 to make lunch for the guys. I woke up at 1:00...oops!

Got up, made Nathan and Aaron some chicken salad sandwiches. This batch, i put in shredded chicken, miracle whip,mustard, relish, a chopped apple, 2 stalks celery, 2 hard boiled eggs, craisins, chopped walnuts, salt and pepper. Jordan and I cleaned up some left overs. Nathan was busy working on the shop all day. He also was busy ordering sheet metal for the building. He would come in periodically to see if I needed anything. The boys were busy at school all day.

After lunch, I cut all the corn off the cobs and scraped all the milk off the cobs. I added 1 quart fresh cream, 1 stick of butter and a little more than 1/2 cup of sugar. I stirred over medium heat. I thickened it with a little corn starch. Plan to bag it and freeze it in ziplock bags. According to Aaron...it's the best cream corn in the world!

I made some more Peanut Butter Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks. Had a serious craving for something peanut butter and chocolate. Didn't over bake it this time. So tasty!!

Am relaxing in my recliner right now, curled up in my red fleece blanket and a hot cup of homemade cocoa, writing my blog. I hope I feel better tomorrow. Been really thankful Aaron is no longer working off of the farm. It's been really nice to have him home helping out more, especially since I've been under the weather.

Until tomorrow...blessings to you all!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better.
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey...you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That creme corn sounds delicious. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry Daddy, I'll be sure to bring some when we come!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.