Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Post Office Suspicion

Good evening all! We got up this morning. The boys did chores. Nathan did his online computer classes. I cooked breakfast.

As soon as breakfast was done, we had an appointment at the Moriarty Post Office to apply for the boys' passports. I had gathered all the documents we were told we needed. Each boys had their own state issued picture I.D., their birth certificates, their old expired passports, their new passport photos and their newly issued replacement social security cards. I had already filled out the applications prior to our appointment.

We showed up on time. The lady came to the counter to help us. Nathan and I both had to be present for us to apply for our boys' passports since they are still minors. I guess it's to protect the kids from one parent possibly getting a passport without the other parent's consent and lead to possible kidnappings. I get it. So we both show up with both kids, documents in hand. The lady asked for Jordan's paperwork. I handed her the application, birth certificate and photo. She didn't ask for any other documentation we were told to bring. The same thing happened with Aaron's paperwork. She then turned and ask Nathan and I for our driver's licenses. We handed them to her. She looked at them, turned around and walked off. I thought nothing of it. Next thing I know, she brings her boss to the window and while her boss is standing there, the lady holds up Nathan's license and is scrutinizing him through squinted eyelids asking her boss if she really thinks Nathan is actually really Nathan! Nathan has lost over 110 pounds. I have been encouraging him to get a new license since he lost all his weight. This was the first time his picture was in question! She still stood there for a minute or two trying to see if that was really him in the picture. Her boss said it was, so she decided to let us go ahead and complete the application process!!! We finished it all and got things all filed and sent off. Hopefully, the boys should have their new passports within 4-6 weeks!

The boys came home and got on school. I taught some piano and voice lessons this afternoon. Read a book for a little while. Cooked supper tonight. We watched Hawaii 5 - O. Then we had a really good Bible study with the boys.

Oh, I almost forgot, Nathan and I finished cleaning out all the extra fodder trays today. Got enough berries soaking for another four trays tomorrow. Can't wait till I start seeing green!

Until tomorrow night... Sweet dreams! God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Back when I was growing up . . . there was a TV show called "The Thin Man". Well, Nathan is now the thin man. Love to all, dad

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.