Sunday, October 21, 2012

Grateful and Sad...

Thanks to everyone for your prayers on my nephew Haven's behalf. He was better today, bless his little heart!

He was seen last night in the emergency room. They were unable to reattach his two finger tips. They cleaned it and bandaged it all up. Chad and Tonya are supposed to call tomorrow to get an appointment with a hand surgeon to see if there will need to be some reconstructive surgery. They might have to shorten the bone so it will heal right, but don't know for sure until they see the specialist. Haven came to church all bandaged up, but in good spirits. I was so proud of him! What a trooper!

Another urgent request for prayer has come up. Aaron and I went to a choir audition this afternoon. After the auditions were over, someone said there had been a horrible car accident last night. They said an 81 year old lady was thought to have had a heart attack, slumped over the wheel, crossed the line and slammed into a suburban carrying eight passengers. The people telling us about this knew two of the eight people in the suburban. All eight were pretty seriously injured and taken to the hospital. One had a skull fracture, another had multiple fractures, etc. The elderly lady driving the other vehicle died instantly. No one knew anything about her. When I got home from the auditions this evening, I got a call from my Sensei's wife and we got to talking about unrelated things. I asked her to pray for Haven and she asked me if I heard about Sam. Sam takes karate with us. We found out it was Sam's grandmother who had the heart attack and died. Please pray for the Hoffman family as they are grieving at this time. Thanks again for praying. It is heavy on my heart to pray for all families involved. May God comfort and give peace to everyone who's been touched by this tragic accident.

I will keep people posted how things turn out. Thanks and may God keep you all safe. God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Our prayers are with the families involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Scary. :(

    We prayed for your nephew in church Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanks so much Alicia! Haven has an appointment this morning with the hand surgeon to see what needs to be done. I will post more tonight on new developments. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.