Hello again. I'm so sorry I missed my blog yesterday. I had a total blast!
I woke up. Cooked breakfast for Nathan and the boys. Left late to go pick up my mother-in-law (Anita) from the airport. Drove to our friend's hotel and picked Twyla up. Twyla was such a sweetheart and she treated Anita and I to breakfast at Mimi's. Mimi's is all three of our's favorite breakfast place.
Then we ran some errands and went shopping at Kohl's. I found some really cute black shoes. In case you don't really know me...I go shopping maybe 2 times a year to look for something specifically for me. I never grew up doing "girly" things like shopping or going to the mall. It's very foreign to me. Maybe that's why all my guys don't mind shopping with me. I shop like a guy...I have a mission and if I don't see it right away, I move on to the next store. I don't browse for 1 - 1 1/2 hours and have nothing to show for it!
Then we had a great Bible study with Duane and Anita. I turned in to bed late, so I didn't enter my blog.
Woke up this morning with a sore throat and a stopped up nose. Took my vitamins and enjoyed a nice hot cup of tea with some of our own honey. That was the best.
I called my dear friend Kathy from Arizona. It broke my heart to find out her daddy passed away during the night. She is mourning for him and I would love it if you would pray for her. She is very hurt and discouraged right now. Thanks.
Went about my day trying to get caught up on dishes, laundry and general pick up around the house. Felt kind of lousy, but decided to go to karate today. Even though I didn't feel good, I usually feel better after I work out, so I went. My nose quit running during class, but 10 minutes after we got home, it was worse than this morning.
God bless my mother-in-law. I just love her to pieces! She cooked the most wonderful beef stew and homemade sourdough whole wheat bread with some of my homemade butter and our honey. I was in heaven!!! She was such a doll to offer to cook for us since I wasn't feeling well. She's always so sweet to do things like that. I truly feel she is an angel in disguise!
So supper is cleaned up. I'm ready for bed. I took all my vitamins and medicine. I've got the Vick's under my nose (something I learned from my Grandma West when I was little). I've got the humidifier going right next to me. After I say my night prayers, I hope to fall asleep and not wake up for many, many hours! Hope I feel better tomorrow...
May God watch over you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.