Thursday, October 4, 2012

Goofy Day...

Hello. Thanks for your prayers for my quick recovery. I am feeling much better today. Other than my nose, I feel pretty good. Well, kind of...

I woke up this morning with my back feeling kind of lousy. It was still bothering me from my "pit fall." At about 9:45 this morning I called my chiropractor and he got me in at 10:45. I took Jordan with me and after my appointment, I drove him over to the social security administration building to apply for his replacement card. We walked out 15 minutes later! Both times I've been there, I was out in 10-15 minutes tops, pretty remarkable for being a government agency!

About this time, my back was killing me and was stiffening up. I had to pull over and stop at a local grocery store to buy some pain killers. I was almost in tears. My youngest son (12 years old) was trying his best to help me in and out of the car. I was walking like "Grandma Moses," but I kept moving. Half way to the door to go in the grocery store, I was in so much pain, I almost turned around and just went back to the car. Jordan didn't know what kind of medicine I wanted or I might have just sent him in to get it for me. Trudged my way through the store and 2 of the store clerks (guys who were restocking up front) looked over and asked if I was ok. My first thought was..."Do I LOOK ok???" I tried to politely smile and thanked them for asking. They were really sweet.

Got in the car, took three pills, and drove Jordan to Sonic for lunch. Got lunch to go since I only had 15 minutes to get him to his violin lesson and for me to teach a voice lesson. For those of you who don't know me, I teach piano, flute and voice lessons.

After music lessons, we all went to karate class. I wasn't sure if I was going to even participate, but my Sensei asked me to go ahead and dress out. He told me not to kick today and that I could help him with the younger kids. I did ok for the first two classes. I decided to sit out the advanced class today. My back was really starting to hurt again. I sat down for the first half of the class and when I tried to stand up, I could hardly move! The rest of the class began working on all the different katas. I raised my hand and asked Sensei if I could just "walk" through the motions of the katas. I actually felt better just keeping moving instead of just sitting there!

I am so proud of Nathan. He just started up in karate about 3 weeks ago and he is doing GREAT! I'm not sure that he believes me, but Sensei and I keep telling him that he's improved a LOT! Keep it up honey! Karate is going great for my boys as well. I am also so very proud of both my boys. They try so hard and they show great character while they work hard at making themselves better. I am one proud mama!!!

Well, I already got home, soaked in a hot tub and am sitting on ice right now. Am feeling pretty good at the moment. I sure hope this inflammation goes down tonight! Maybe God IS telling me to slow down! Hmmm?

Much love to all. God's peace be with you tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.