Hello again! There's nothing new to report on the farm so far today. So on days like today, I will try reminiscing and share a funny story from our lives here on the farm.
I was out working in the garden with my gloves on about two months ago. One of the boys, I think it was Jordan, called to me from the pasture where we keep all the milk animals. He was wanting to show me something, so I stopped what I was doing and walked over to the gate that led to the pasture. I was leaning on the gate with my arms resting on the top rail of the gate. My hands were just hanging over inside the gate. All of our animals are curious animals, alpacas, goats and yes, cows. Our main milk cow Ebony came over and was checking out my gloves. She has seen me wear them before. The texture of them intrigues her. The last time she checked my gloves out, she about wore a hole in them by licking them with her rough tongue. If you've never been licked by a cow before, they make a cat's tongue feel like silk! It feels like someone is rubbing your hand repeatedly with sand paper in the exact same spot over and over and over again.
Well, Ebony came over and started licking my gloves again. I wasn't paying her too much attention...I think that was my mistake! I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my left hand, my little pinky finger to be exact. I quickly looked back at Ebony and saw that she was biting down on the tip of my glove and managed to catch my pinky in her bite! As if that wasn't painful enough, guess what she did??? She continued clamping her mouth shut (my finger definitely starting to REALLY hurt by now) and then she started backing away and walking off with my finger still firmly attached to her teeth! I kept pulling, hoping she would let go,but she wouldn't. It was at this moment that I realized she is still on the OTHER side of the gate walking away with my pinky! In a frantic attempt to save my pinky, I took my right gloved hand and thumped her on the nose. She promptly let go.
When I looked at my pinky nail, it was whitened where she had clamped down on it. By the time I went to karate class that afternoon, half of the nail was purple! I told my Sensei I would make the best fist I could, but if it didn't look right, it was because of my pinky. Then the moment I dreaded all day came to be...he asked, "What happened, my Michelle?" I had to fess up, but I didn't want to actually have to say it. I told him, " You're not going to believe this, but my cow, well, ummm, she bit me!" You should've seen the look on my Sensei's face. I thought he was going to die laughing as hard as he did. He wasn't sure if I was telling him the truth or not. When he saw that I wasn't laughing as much as he was, he quickly realized I wasn't pulling his leg. I am always having something around here happen to me, so he never knows what's going to happen to me next. I don't think he doubts me any more when I tell him some really crazy stories either!
Well, I will tell another story tomorrow if nothing goofy happens today.
God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.