Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Three More Sleeps...

Good evening to all my friends and loved ones! How are all of you doing? I am doing great!

I woke up this morning feeling better than I have all week. My throat was a little scratchy and dry when I first woke up, but the further in the day, the better it got! Thanks for your prayers.

I woke up early and made out the Cranberry Christmas Wreath Sweet Bread that my dear mother-in-law makes. She always makes it every Christmas. She was such a doll and shared her recipe with me...thanks!!! I had all my choir kids over for breakfast. I served the cranberry bread, fruit salad, egg nog, apple cider, coffee and hot chocolate. The kids (and moms) loved it! :)

We had an awesome rehearsal! They all did wonderful and I can't wait to share with everyone the talents God gave each and every one of them! After everyone left, I spent the rest of my free time (about 1 1/2 hours) prepping for the recital. I had to redo my program for the recital. I left one song off that I had to add, I rearranged a couple of pieces, and I had to move the lettering to fit on the special paper I'm using. I also rehearsed Aaron's songs with him. Btw, when Aaron was younger, he had a hard time counting how many days until something happened. So, just so there was no confusion with him, he did understand counting sleeps...how many sleeps until something happened! I thought it was really cute and it has stuck over the years. We still count things by how many sleeps!

I got ready and left for karate. I had a great day at karate. We worked on some simple basic stuff, but we worked on perfecting it. It was hard to do, but fun! Sensei actually pulled me forward to demonstrate on how to do it right!!! It's been a while, but I thought he only used me to show how NOT to do it...lol! Sam and I stayed after class and worked on team kata. He and I are starting to read each other pretty well, so we really enjoy doing team kata together. Sometimes when you get paired with someone whose desire is not as strong as yours, it's really hard to time everything together at the same time. Sam moves tons faster than me, so he is constantly having to slow down for me and I am constantly having to speed up to push me to be faster and keep up with him. He and I worked on Bassai Dai and we finally got our timing down pretty well.

Nathan and the boys went to a Bible study at Chad and Tonya's house tonight. I needed a little break from the boys, so sometimes they make it a father/son outing. Sometimes I join them and I learn a lot. Other times, I just need a break! Nathan and the boys just got home a little bit ago. I am going to run for now so I can get the boys going on what they should be doing right now! Rest well. May God bless you and your families!

2 comments:

  1. glad you live an exciting life. Just read an article on how to avoid heart attacks/strokes. Cut back on sugar and fat and exercise and know your good and bad cholesterol levels.
    I will need to do some research on how dad and i can lose weight and how I can motivate dad to exercise so he can lower his blood pressure.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Mom! I am proud of you that you want to take an active roll in making yours and dad's life a healthier lifestyle. If there's anything I can do to help you, please let me know, ok? Love you!

      Delete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.