Sunday, December 23, 2012

Homesick For Nanny

Good evening to everyone. How are you all tonight?

Just a quick recap...over the last week and a half, my dad fell, had to get stitches, then later in the week, went to ER and was admitted for several days. Praise The Lord, dad went home Friday! Thank you for your prayers on his behalf! I still ask that you continue praying for him that he continues to heal well.

Nathan's Uncle Jerry, had a mild heart attack earlier this week. Due to some complications, they were not able to do another catheter, so he is expected to undergo a quadruple bypass surgery. I believe he is supposed to have surgery in the next day or so. Nathan got to speak with him today and he seemed to be in good spirits.

As if that wasn't enough, Nathan's grandmother (Nanny), was visiting Anita in Arizona. Nanny tripped and fell on her way into church this morning and broke her hip. She is in the hospital tonight and is supposed to be in surgery at 10:00 A.M. We definitely would appreciate prayers for her as well.

On a positive note, Natalie (Nathan's sister) her husband and daughter drove in safely from Texas. We are sure blessed to have them with us for Christmas. We are saddened that Duane and Anita won't be able to join us, but are thankful they are able to be there with Nanny. Nathan is planning on telling his boss that we are planning on going to Sierra Vista next weekend so we can see my dad, Uncle Jerry AND Nanny...surprise Mom and dad!!!

We are getting ready for a girls' day tomorrow. I will definitely write about it in my blog. I am so excited! Robin and I have been having a total blast together ever since she got here! She's my long-lost sister that I never had. Nathan saw us tag-teaming it in the kitchen this morning and he made some comment on how alike we were and that he noticed that she and I shared a lot of the same idiosyncrasies (in a positive way, he assured us...ahem)! I finally got my kitchen clean tonight. The dishwasher is running. All my other dishes are hand washed and drying. I made some homemade cinnamon roll dough and letting it rise right now. I just got done boiling two chickens. I am planning on making egg rolls tomorrow. Busy, busy, busy...but fun, fun, fun!!!

Well, I need to go tuck Nathan in and see if he needs anything for tomorrow. Please take care of yourselves and may God bless you with peace, love, health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.