Merry Christmas to all my friends and family out there! I pray you had a very blessed day.
We woke up and Nathan's sister, Natalie, volunteered to make an absolutely delicious ginger bread coffee cake this morning. I fried up some potatoes, eggs and bacon to go along with that.
After breakfast was over, I baked two pumpkin pies, a peach pie, a batch of hot rolls, and my friend Robin made a wonderful dark chocolate cream pie which we topped with whipped cream and crushed candy canes! Nathan smoked a turkey, a chicken, a pork loin and a pheasant. Tonya, my sister-in-law, hosted the dinner at her house and she baked a ham. She also made four kinds of candy, steamed cheesy broccoli, salad, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, and cranberry sauce. The food was fabulous!
After lunch, we played games. We played several rounds of bananagram. I'm getting to really enjoy that game. My mom would be great at that game...I'm not sure I'd want to play against her!!!
We came home tonight. Nathan built us a great big fire. The boys did evening chores. Gabe came over and watched U of A play their championship basketball game tonight...way to go Wildcats!!! I worked on some music with Aaron.
Btw, I wanted to give an update on Nanny. She has developed a slight case of pneumonia on one lung. The doctor has her on IV antibiotics and is watching her carefully. Please continue to remember her in your prayers.
Nathan is waiting for me to turn in, so sleep well and God bless.

Glad you're enjoying your holidays with loved ones. Watch the calories. Easy to gain, hard to lose.
ReplyDeleteDad is doing much better. Tim was with us last night and we had wontons for a change and some roasted wings.
Dorothy Shaeffer came over with a batch of cookies. Jerry ate most of it.
Love,
Mom
Merry, merry Christmas! And Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete