Saturday, December 29, 2012

Prepping Fish Tank

Good evening everyone! How are you? We are all well. We had a pretty busy day.

Got up this morning and my sweet hubby made us breakfast. I had some biscuits already made. He heated them up, cooked sausage gravy and scrambles some eggs! It was absolutely delicious!

I spent a couple of hours cleaning up the entire kitchen and doing the dishes. Wow! It looks clean, too bad it'll only look that way till in the morning! It's amazing how it never seems to stay clean for very long!

Nathan had me back up the truck to the garage. Jordan and I started to pick up the little bit of clutter that had accumulated over the last few weeks. I organized some things and got rid of several boxes that were cluttering the garage. I think about one more hour with Nathan's help and the entire garage will be entirely clean again. I bet he feels about the garage like I do about my clean kitchen! Why doesn't it ever stay clean???

Nathan and I got a free 55 gallon fresh water fish tank last week when we purchased a huge 300 gallon gas tank! Jordan and Nathan dumped out all the gravel out of the tank, cleaned it up, filled it with water and checked for any leaks. Surprise, surprise...no leaks! Nathan put two over-the-back water filters on the back of the tank and put in a water heater. We went by Walmart tonight to buy a couple of goldfish to see if the tank is safe. The was only one fish alive in the tank who appeared to have ick and the rest of the goldfish were all belly up floating in the top of the tank. I suppose we'll wait until tomorrow and get some healthy ones from the pet store.

We got almost all of our fodder trays up and running as well. Things are getting set up real well. I am so proud of Nathan how he has master planned all this and put it into action. I hope the fish survive so we can order our real fish soon.

Today was my daddy's 67th birthday. I was saddened that I couldn't be there to celebrate with him and my mom. I'm glad he had a good day though. I hope today was special for you Daddy! Love you!

As far as Nanny, she had a really good day today. She surprised everyone by how far she walked with the physical therapist. Jerry had a positive day as well. They had him off his CPAP machine for most of today and only used a nasal cannula. He was able to communicate better today. God is the true healer and we thank him for the progress Nanny and Jerry have made. I haven't heard any more about my Uncle Yoyong. Please continue to pray for all three of my family members.

I am ready for bed. Sleep tight. God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Yoyong is back home recuperating well. 2 of his blood vessels in his stomach ruptured and was clamped by the doctor. He has no bad symptoms after the procedure. I talked to him for a long time and he sounds like he always does. He hates all the complications of aging. He is still on dialysis 3 times a week. He hopes to go to the Phil. in Dec. of 2113.
    Dad said he had a great , quiet birthday celebration. We didn't get to cook a lot, but what I fixed satisfied him.
    Spending time watching my favorite tennis players and reading a novel is my idea of a Christmas break. How about you? Any chance to read a book and have some peace and quiet? With all that you have to do and all your company, I doubt if you've had a chance.

    Stay healthy. I think Dad is starting a cold. He sneezed a lot very early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Neither did I.

    He still too unstable to be left alone or go anywhere unless absolutely necessary.

    Jerry will be going home tomorrow. I have to leave Dad for 3 hrs. Maybe I can get Liz or Tim to come.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.