Good evening to everyone out there! How are you tonight?
Today was crazy as I was busy in my kitchen. My good friend Robin is visiting us over her Christmas break. We had cinnamon rolls that the Kuhen family made for us, scrambled eggs and sausage patties for breakfast. Robin also shares my passion of cooking, so it was great to have help in the kitchen. I baked a pumpkin spice cake for the recital and also some cream cheese drop cookies. Cream cheese drop cookies are like chocolate chip cookies, except the cookie dough is made with cream cheese and they are divine!
I ran to town and did some errands today. Aaron and I topped off our day my stopping at Starbucks! I discovered that I do NOT like their peppermint mocha SKINNY! It tastes like water with peppermint flavor! Aaron ordered a regular peppermint mocha and he topped mine off with the real stuff and boy, did that ever make a difference!!
Aaron and I stopped at Walmart to pick up some final supplies for the reception following the recital. I had absolutely no idea how many people were going to show up. I didn't know how much to bake. A lot of my students baked things and brought stuff to share! It was so nice! I usually prepare everything myself. I love doing it for all my kids! I am truly blessed to have them as a part of my life. They have enriched my life and made me a better person for having known and worked with all of them!
We had quite a few people show up for the recital. Of course, EVERYONE did excellent. Anyone can get up and sing notes off a sheet of music, but each of them truly sang from their heart and honored God with their singing and playing! I couldn't have been prouder! One of the parents offered the use of their church and he also ran the sound system. He is a God-send! He recorded the audio form of the concert and is going to try and get me a copy of the concert! I can't wait!!! One of my dear friends, Sarah Heckendorn was a doll and she videoed the concert. Bless her heart! I had no idea she was doing that! She is also hoping to make me a copy of that as well. Each of the students did their absolute best. I was sitting in my chair balling my eyes out since they moved me to tears as they sang. It was truly a touching recital. The songs they all picked were incredible. If you weren't there, you really missed out on something truly amazing!
After the recital was over, the kids presented me with 2 dozen white roses that were gorgeous! Then if that wasn't enough to make me want to cry (again), they all kidnapped me to the back room and they all pitched in together and presented me with a gift certificate to one of my favorite shopping stores called Now We're Cookin! Many students gave me gifts, but I was extremely moved by one particular gift. One student made me a quilted wall hanging with a music motif. She personalized the back with an inspiring inscription and her signature. I will treasure it forever. I hope to hang it on my wall right above my grand piano! Again, I am blessed beyond measure!
Well, it's almost 1:00 A.M. and I'm completely wiped out. Christmas break has officially started for me now that the recital is over, lol! Sleep well my friends. May God bless you!
It was a beautiful recital, Michelle! Thanks for being such a great teacher and organizer!
ReplyDeleteYou're a wonderful teacher and you have made a tremendous difference in the lives of your students. Proud of you.
ReplyDeleteMom