Good evening everyone! How is everyone tonight? I pray everyone is in good health.
I woke up this morning and baked some cinnamon rolls, fans fried up some sausage patties and scrambled eggs. I was pretty sad because after breakfast, Natalie, Ben, and Aleah packed up and left for home. Then my great friend Robin had to leave for home today too... :( I will definitely miss my "twin" sister! Just so I wouldn't cry, I had to clean my house!
I was so tired after I cleaned the entire house, I cranked up my heating blanket, curled up and passed out! I woke up and I decided to card my alpaca fiber. Carding is the process in which you take washed fiber that has been allowed to dry and you "comb" all the fibers so they are all facing the same direction. It's amazing to see and feel the before and after fiber. This is kind of a slow process. I have already washed this fiber, but it still has a bit of vegetation trapped in some of the fibers. I still have to pick it out by hand as much as possible before I card it. I feed the fiber through the feeding tray and spin the handle. As I turn the handle, it turns two drums that are lined with very fine teeth that combs the fiber in one direction. Once the length of fiber is combed onto the drum, I take a knitting needle and remove the fiber off the drum. I hand pick any vegetation that I can see or feel, then I send it through the carding drum two more times. Then if it is picked clean enough, it is ready for spinning. Like I said, it is kind of a slow process.
I am trying to rest tonight, so I am taking it easy sitting by the great fire that I built myself! I think I will make myself a cup of homemade hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows!
Here are the updates on all my prayer requests. Nanny is doing somewhat better. Her white blood cell count is down. She is still on IV antibiotics today, but they may try and move her to Hacienda Rehab tomorrow. As for Uncle Jerry, please remember him as he's had to be put on temporary dialysis. Also an urgent prayer request for my Uncle Yoyong Legarda. He was vomiting blood today and had blood in his stool. My aunt called 911 and they rushed him to the hospital. I'm not sure yet what's going on, but any prayers would definitely be appreciated.
Well, rest well my friends. Be safe especially as the new year approaches. Treasure you family and friends. Life is precious and way too short to not savor every special moment. God bless!

Thanks for your prayers.
ReplyDeleteNow that your company is gone, rest well and take care of yourself.
Love ya,
Mom