Thursday, December 6, 2012

Great Day!

Hello to everyone out there! How are you? I am doing much better tonight, thank you!

I was very busy this morning. I got up, fixed some Greek yogurt with some of our raw honey from our bees and fresh blackberries with pumpkin seed granola on top. That's one of Nathan's favorite breakfasts. It's fast and easy for me to fix! Packed him his lunch and saw him off to work.

My kitchen was a pretty big mess. I normally do not do manicures and paint my fingernails since I am always working around the farm here. There's no point in painting them since they chip almost immediately! But, I did do my nails a few days ago, so I kind of let the dishes go. Jordan is trying to save up his own money to buy a shotgun for Christmas this year. I even offered to pay him if he would just do the dishes and wipe down all my counters. He put it off for two days and just kept dragging his feet whenever he thought about doing it, so I just got up this morning and did it myself. As soon as I washed the last dish, Jordan walks into the kitchen and has the nerve to ask me, "Mom, why did you do the dishes? I was going to do it..." Mind you, it only took me about 1 1/2 hours to do it. He watched me do it all, then asked me why I did it. Does anyone else see why that question might just frustrate me just a wee bit??? When I finished cleaning the kitchen, I went and took the rest of my nail polish off.

I did a couple loads of laundry, folded them and put them away. I was a good girl and I practiced my Messiah for this weekend. I made pizza for the kids for lunch. I left the house early, stopped at SAMs club and had to return some buckets. Then I went back to my chiropractor for an appointment. Boy, I feel good!

After all this was done, I drove straight to karate and did three classes back-to-back. We are preparing for an end-of-the-year training at the main dojo on the 15th of this month. Our Sensei has "voluntold" us to do an advance kata called Jion. Sorry if I have misspelled this. I have never seen this name in writing before. It is a pretty difficult kata. So we stayed after the third class and worked on it for almost 45 minutes. By this time, I was absolutely exhausted...but my Sensei actually said I was improving a lot and he was proud of me! What a way to finish the day. Got home late, but I had Aaron heat up some Chinese left-overs for dinner.

I think I will sleep well tonight, Lord willing! Thanks to everyone for your prayers in regards to my hands, shoulders and back. I can feel a definite difference! Sleep well and God bless!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you and the family soon. Love you, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your favorite part of an average week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very tough question to answer! I don't have just ONE favorite part! My favorite part is probably spending time together as a family. I love my husband and two great kids! Of coarse, I love going to church and singing. Music is a huge part of my life. I love teaching music. But there's one aspect that still surprises me...karate. When I was growing up, I had two left feet, just ask my mother! I was always clumsy and awkward. I would dare say that I had absolutely NO physical coordination with my body (except when it came to piano). I started karate 2 years ago and I looked like a fish out of water! Now, it comes somewhat naturally. I totally love going to karate. There are some very personal reasons why karate means so much to me. I just thank God for the sweet and caring Sensei that I have to teach me the way he does. Our family really respects him and his family. So, sorry! There's not just one answer to your question! Hope this helps. Please feel to ask more questions!

      Delete
  3. Michelle,

    You have grown so much in your versatility. I admire you with all the activities that you keep yourself busy with. Way to go!

    Mom

    BTW WE WILL HAVE jERRY (cHINESE sTUDENT) JOIN US ON OUR TRIP THERE. hE WILL ARRIVE HERE ON dEC. 16. iS THIS OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all very much looking forward to all of you coming for Christmas this year. You have no idea how much this means to me! Thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.