Monday, December 24, 2012

Girls' Day Out And An Answer To Prayers

Good evening everyone! How are you doing? I am doing well.

I couldn't go to sleep last night...ended up making myself go to bed at 2:00 A.M. I still wasn't sleepy, but I forced myself to go to sleep. Woke up and got Nathan off to work. I made out my cinnamon rolls for my Sensei's wife and kids. After I finished getting the rolls made, I went back to bed and just checked my email. I was supposed to have breakfast cooked and ready for all the guys (Nathan, Jordan, Aaron, Chad, Haven, Avery, Gabe and Ben). I told them I would have breakfast ready at 8:00. I thought it was probably about 7:30, so I checked my clock and it was 8:15!!! I jumped out of bed and started frying bacon. robin rushed out and helped me scramble some eggs. Natalie had made a chocolate orange zucchini bread and served it for breakfast. I also had a fruit tray left over from my recital, so a pot of coffee and the guys were set to have a feast without us ladies.

I drove and Natalie, Aleah, and Robin went with me to go pick up Tonya and Savanah. We met up with Paula Yarbrough. We went to our favorite breakfast place in all of Albuquerque...Mimi's! Robin has NEVER been to one before...boy, she just hasn't lived a full life yet, lol! We ate a scrumptious breakfast and then we sat around and visited for a while. Paula had to leave right after we had breakfast. All the rest of us girls went to one of my favorite shopping stores...Now We're Cooking! My piano and voice students went together and bought me a gift certificate to that store and I found some really cool stuff! From there, we drove to Coronado mall. Gabe bought a shirt from JC Penny's and it ended up being the wrong size, so I returned it for him. Natalie also had to return some clothes for Aleah at Macy's. After the mall, we drove over to Sensei's house. Sensei and his youngest son are in Columbia for two weeks. His wife Aysha and two other children were home. I gave them the fresh baked cinnamon rolls and they were so excited. We left from there and dropped Tonya and Savanah off at home. Robin, Natalie, Aleah and myself went to Walmart to do some grocery shopping. Robin was looking for a specific type of calendar, so I drove her to Tractor Supply. They didn't have it, but Nathan found what she needed at a Hastings in town.

We came home. I then cooked the filling for egg rolls. We wrapped three packages of eggrolls, made fried rice and pancit (similar to Lo Mein). I hosted dinner again here tonight for everyone. After dinner, robin and I made "adults only" Deep Dark Brownies (with espresso powder and strong coffee) and another batch of regular kid friendly brownies! Yummm!

I am about ready to fall asleep as I write this, so I am going to turn in for the night. Here is a picture of us ladies at breakfast this morning at Mimi's.

Btw, thank you all so much for praying for Nanny and Uncle Jerry. They both came throughout their respective surgeries really well. Am glad that all has appeared to work out. Well, good night and God bless!

2 comments:

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.