Saturday, December 8, 2012

Date Night

Good evening to everyone out there! How are all of you? I am doing great.

Last night, I thought I was going to sleep like a log, but guess what? I woke up at 2:45 A.M. And remembered looking at the alarm clock at 4:30 A.M. I was awake the entire time! I told Nathan, "At least I think I finally memorized the new kata!" He said, "Surely you didn't get up and practice your kata in the living room at 3:00 in the morning, did you?" I told him I didn't. I only visualized the kata in my mind and counted the movements in my head.

Got up and around as usual. Practiced my Messiah music again.

After lunch, I was so tired, I went back to bed and curled up under my heating blanket. I woke up refreshed 2 hours later! I got up and made a double batch of Agave Cinnamon Kettle Corn. When that was done, I made two loaves of Lemon Poppyseed Bread. When those came out of the oven, it was time for me to take the boys to the Drennan's house for a Boy's Night. Several young Christian men get together, the oldest shares a scripture he's been studying and then they all comment on it. Then they guys eat pizza, snacks, or whatever and play games the rest of the evening. All the parents (except for Mr. And Mrs. Drennan) get to have a date night!

Nathan took me out to eat at Ghengis Grill. It was a really cool stir fry restaurant. We had marinated fish, marinated beef, shrimp, and scallops with a variety of vegetables, seasonings, udon noodles and a honey soy sauce. It was absolutely delicious! For dessert I had a cup of coffee and a Princess Pineapple Coconut Cake.

After dinner,we had about 1 1/2 hours to kill before the boys were ready to be picked up. We went shopping at Sportsman's Warehouse, Home Depot, Petsmart and Kohl's. you know you live in the country when a date is not a date unless it involves Home Depot!

We picked up the boys, but they weren't ready to leave yet! They stayed around and talked for another 40 minutes after we got there!

Well, it is really late and I have a seriously busy day! Will blog about that tomorrow. Sleep tight. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. You two certainly enjoy each other's company and know how to spend your leisure time wisely.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Love my hubby and he loves me! Sure enjoy spending time with him!

      Delete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.