Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Definite Turn of Events

Good evening everyone. How are you? I am extremely tired.

We got up this morning and did chores. I finally made some sour cream pancakes that Anita had made a mix for. I just had to add the liquid ingredients. They were absolutely yummy! I also made turkey bacon and eggs.

I spent a bit of time curling my hair. I even managed to have enough time to even do my make-up today! We had to leave early for church today since Nathan was on to speak this morning.

Aaron and I drove separately from Nathan and Jordan since Aaron and I had our Handel's Messiah concert today. Nathan gave a very good lesson today and you could tell it was heart-felt. Was so proud of him!

After church let out, we all drove out to Nature Point in Tijeras to have our potluck get-together. Aaron and I had to eat and run. We went to our concert and it turned out pretty well. We were kind of worried about how things were going to turn out since we had a rough dress rehearsal with the orchestra yesterday. The director decided not to use a piano this year. The orchestra surprised us all and pulled it together! Aaron sang his solo today and I was so proud of him!!! Nathan posted a video clip of his solo and mine as well. Even though the orchestra did much better, the director approached me tonight and told me they really needed me to play to piano. I agreed to play for next year (at least that was what I was referring to), but he said, "No! I need you to play for next weekend!!! Next year too, but definitely next weekend!" This was NOT what I expected! So, I have one week to cram and be prepared to play Messiah cold turkey! This will definitely be an interesting week.

Well, I have practiced about 1/3 of our music before coming to bed tonight. I am extremely tired and my shoulders are already knotting up from playing. I love it, but why must my muscles protest???

I wish all of you a good night's rest. God bless and take care.

3 comments:

  1. Whew no pressure! I'm getting ready for our own Messiah performance at the college a little later this month. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always yo'll do extremely well. You're such a pro and I have trained you to do things at the spur of the moment. You always come through. Your director would not have asked you if he knew you couldn't handle it.

    Take care of yourself. I am glad your time is well spent on things and events that bring you joy and fulfillment.

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support! I'll take whatever I can get!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.