Sunday, November 18, 2012

Whew! It's Over!

Well, another busy day gone by. I was so tired last night, I just rolled into bed, I even forgot to plug in my iPad!

We had Nathan's distant cousin and her family spend Friday night with us. They live in Farmington, New Mexico. They came in just in time for the boys drama production. They said they enjoyed every minute of it. They laughed really hard! They were really impressed with the quality of our cast. They said it was much better than their drama organization back in Farmington!

After the play let out, we enjoyed a cookie reception and went home. Nathan's cousin Heather had never seen any of us do karate, so at 10:15, Aaron and I got our GI's on and performed our katas. We also did 1 step sparring and semi-free sparring. They thoroughly enjoyed it!

We woke up yesterday morning and I made scrambled eggs, turkey bacon and toasted almond coconut muffins. We also had some fresh frozen apple cider we pressed this summer. Yummy!

Nathan, the boys and I all worked together after Heather and her family left and we moved a bunch of food to our new root cellar. As we were finishing up, Ken (from Road's End Farm in Edgewood, New Mexico) came over. He owns a nursery where we have bought the majority of all our trees and shrubs from. He came to pick up a truck load of alpaca manure and composted cow manure. I also made some mizithra cheese from some of our goat milk. He was anxious to try some.

While we were finishing up loading him up, another couple pulling a truck and trailer pulled up. They were coming to look at buying the last three alpacas I have for sale. They decided to buy them, so by the time we got the three alpacas loaded, it was already after 12:00. We needed to get ready to leave pretty quick.

Our sister-in-law (Tonya), had a death in her family. Her grandpa, Don Kirby, passed away suddenly this past week and Nathan and I were asked to sing at the funeral. It was a simple, but beautiful funeral. The family invited everyone to El Pinto for lunch afterwards. The funeral was somewhat delayed since there was an accident on the interstate and some of the family was stuck in traffic so we just kept singing till they got there.

As soon as we ate, we had to rush the boys home. We left El Pinto at 5:45. We were originally supposed to have the boys at drama at 6:00 and run home to get their costumes. We didn't expect to stay in town all afternoon. Nathan decided that it would be quicker if we just went home, let the boys change, then take them to their play. It was 6:51 when we arrived at drama! The play started at 7:00. I was sure I was going to have an ulcer by the time we got there! Everything turned out just fine.

The play was wonderful! The audience was great! We had a wonderful evening.

Today is church. We will probably grab lunch in town afterwards. Then Aaron and I have choir rehearsal for Handel's Messiah this afternoon. Busy, busy, busy...what else is new right???

Well, I wanted to touch base before my feet hit the floor running this morning. God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. glad the boys' drama turned out well. wish we could have seen them. I am sure you were proud of your boys.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am very proud of my boys. They did very well. Wished you could've seen them. You would've been proud of them too!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.