Good night all! Did you have a great day? I sure did!
I woke up to my honey building me a nice roaring fire! We got our first snow of the year! We got a half inch of snow on the ground during the night. When Nathan got up to do chores this morning, he checked the thermometer and it said 24 degrees! If it makes you feel any better, it registered 6 degrees with the wind chill factored in...brrrr!
I made Mixed Berry Scones, fried turkey bacon and oatmeal with our "homegrown" honey.
We went to church and had a great time in fellowship with our brothers and sisters in church today.
Nathan took us out to lunch at Macaroni Grill. It was the first time we ate there. We started off with an appetizer with crispy fried potatoes and sautéed bell peppers and Italian sausages. Nathan and Aaron split Mama's Trio with Lasagna, Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Mushroom Stuffed Cannoli. Jordan and I split Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (surprise, surprise)! It was pretty cold, so I ordered a cup of hot coffee to go with dessert. We ordered one Tiramisu dessert to share amongst the four of us. Tiramisu is one of our favorite desserts. Nathan and I ate it for the first time the night we got married. We ate it at a little restaurant in Bisbee, Arizona called the Cafe Roka. Best stuff ever!
Aaron and I drove separately, so we left to go to a choir rehearsal. Aaron and I both sing in the East Mountain Community Choir. Every year at Christmas time, the choir gets together and we perform Handel's Messiah. It's really fun. We missed the last two rehearsals, so tonight was our first practice. I technically sing alto, but they needed a strong soprano, so I sing soprano. I learned the soprano years ago when my voice was much higher, so it's just easier to sing what I've learned already. For those who don't know me very well, I teach music from my home. I teach piano, voice and flute. I am quite proud of two of my students. They both auditioned and got solos this year in Handel's Messiah! Yea for Sarah and Aaron! I also was able to get a couple of solos as well. I am not used to singing up in the "stratosphere" anymore as the altos call it, so about half way through the rehearsal, I am guzzling water and sucking on cough drops to sooth my now irritated throat! After our 3 hour rehearsal let out, it sounded as if I was coming down with laryngitis! I'll recover by morning, Lord willing! I love music. It's great!
I need to get some sleep so hopefully I will be in full voice when I wake up in the morning! God's sweet peace be with you all!
You definitely are a music lover and Aaron is following your footsteps. Proud of you both. hope jordan doesn't get left behind.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are having fun! I've been equally busy with music. My choir director asked me to sing the solo in our Christmas cantata! I'm nervous and excited all at once.
ReplyDeleteOh, I like Tiramisu. I first had it at a Encore production. :)
Don't worry Mom, Jordan is still taking violin lessons. He's not getting left behind, he just doesn't love it as much as Aaron.
ReplyDeleteAlicia, congrats on getting a solo for your Christmas cantata! I'd love to hear you sing it sometime!