Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day and Urgent Prayer Request

Hello everyone! I decided to do an early post today because the more who see this and are able to respond to this posting, the better.

I have tried not to do any political bashing and I don't intend to start now. We are told that we are to pray for our leaders in authority over us. The Bible doesn't say, "Pray for your leaders only if you like them or approve of what they are doing."

Today is a very important day in our nation's history. Today is the day we vote for a new president. I have quite a few people reading my blogs who are not from the United States. We, the American people are able to vote for a new president every four years. People who serve as president serve a term of four years, but may run again at the end of their first term. Presidents are not allowed to serve more than two consecutive terms.

I would like to take this time to honor our men and women of our armed forces who fought and some gave their lives to protect our freedom so that we may exercise our right to vote. May God bless their families who have endured many sacrifices so that they may serve our country faithfully! I pray for the wives (husbands) who sacrifice their time with their husbands (wives) so they can protect what our founding forefathers fought so hard to put in place. I pray for the young children who do not know their daddies (mommies) because they are off fighting for our freedoms. I mean, do you really stop and truly appreciate the total sacrifices they make each and every day? People who are not directly related to the armed forces, do you honor and respect the lives lost so that you may enjoy yours? I encourage each of us to go out of our way to honor our men and women who are serving this country. Most service men and women if you ask them, would not hesitate to serve our country again. Thank you for your unselfish actions. May God bless you with peace and safety as you protect and guard us. I pray that God would watch over our nation and that we may once again be "one nation, under GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all..."

As for my urgent prayer request, Nathan's cousin Serena posted on Facebook that her husband is having some really serious health issues. They took him for an MRI scan of the left side of his brain. The doctor knows something is going on, but doesn't know what yet. Please pray for Lance. He and Serena have four children. May God guide the doctors and let them find out what is going on and that Lance would be healed. Thank you everyone for prayers on his behalf. I will keep you posted as I hear more. May god bless you and our nation!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post!Our church is putting on a special Veteran's Day memorial. I wish everyone could have a similar opportunity to honor the military veterans in their midst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really neat Alicia! I hope you all have a great turn-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will be praying for Lance's health condition.

    I enjoy reading your blogs.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.