Good evening everyone. Sorry I didn't write yesterday. I was just exhausted.
We've been working on building our root cellar. I went and picked out all our spoiled apples, well most of them. I still have about four boxes to go through tomorrow morning. After I separated some of the bad apples, Nathan and I hand fed some of them to our cows and bulls. It was absolutely hilarious! Nathan fed some to our cow Peanut and she inhaled his entire hand to get the apple! The first time I hand fed Peanut, she inhaled my hand and I completely freaked out!!!
I went to karate by myself today. I think the boys are taking a break for a while. I was getting ready for testing this Saturday. Unfortunately, my first rib (right under my left clavicle) is out of place. I have some limited range of motion and it is excruciatingly painful when I pull my shoulder back. I didn't want to let my Sensei know so I went to class and pretended nothing was wrong. After class was over, Sensei worked with me on my kata. He fixed a LOT of things, lol! When we finished and got ready to leave, I asked Sensei if I seemed a little unbalanced on my left. Now let me tell you a little bit about Sensei. Sensei sees EVERYTHING. He notices the slightest difference in a person. He sees if something is wrong. He sees if someone is limping or favoring a wrist or a side. Any abnormalities, he sees it. There is no hiding things from him. Even when I put on my best face, he always knows when something is up with me. So I asked him if he thought I was unbalanced on my left and he said, "No...should I?" I told him I had a rib out and he couldn't believe I went the entire three classes without letting on! I was surprised that I had tricked him. I didn't want to be treated any differently and I needed to perform as if I was testing. He said I am totally ready!
Don't worry, I do have a chiropractic appointment set up for tomorrow afternoon. I'm also going to ask him to use special athletic tape to tape my shoulder for extra support until testing is over.
We had a wonderful dinner with Duane and Anita (my in-laws) tonight at our house. I put a roast in the crockpot earlier today. Anita added potatoes and carrots. She also made steamed asparagus with hollandaise sauce. We also had salad. Then Anita made coffee and banana pudding for dessert. What a wonderful way to end a great day!
Until tomorrow...God bless.
Wish I could have been there. You you. dad
ReplyDeleteThanks Dad, but I wish you could be here on Saturday to watch the testing. Looks like I'll be the only one there...
ReplyDeleteBe careful and don't overextend yourself.
ReplyDeleteMom