Thursday, November 29, 2012

We Have A Pond!

Good evening all! How are you? I am doing very well.

Well, let me just jump right in with me story for today. Nathan bought a fish pond with a filter. Now before you think he went off the deep end (literally), let me explain what we plan on using it for.

As I explained in a previous blog, we were trying to grow our fodder with a hydroponics system. We have decided to switch to an aquaponics system. To do that, we plan on fertilizing it with excrements from the fish. Nathan has been doing some research and has decided to set up a pond system in our garage to raise tilapia. Yes, Mom, some of them will be for eating!!!

So anyways, we drove to town the other night and a guy had his fish pond system for sale. We bought it and Nathan and the boys loaded on top of my Honda Pilot and bungeed it down!

I'm not sure when we will have it up and running, but I will definitely keep everyone informed.

One of the reasons I am in such a great mood tonight is that we had our dojo party today. Our Sensei threw all of his students a pizza party today and it was also potluck style. First, we award everyone who tested with their certificate and their new belt. Then afterwards, we stay and eat and visit. We had such a great time today. I have officially passed to 1st kyu. Technically, I was graded a 1B. This means that I will need to test again in February to get rid of the B. I will then have to wait one calendar year to test for my black belt. I am so happy doing karate. I have accomplished so much and still have much more to do! I am grateful for my Sensei and how supportive he is. I am truly blessed to have a wonderful hubby who supports me in this. It is a big commitment and takes so much time. I am so very thankful he understands. I love you honey! Thanks for believing in me, especially when I begin to doubt myself.

Well, good night and sleep well. God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Michelle. Once you have your pond set up, can I come and go fishing? Love you, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time your little heart desires! I am very excited at the thought of fresh fish. I thought Mom would be jumping on the band wagon since she enjoys tilapia. It won't get much fresher than this! Love you Daddy!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.